Fraud on my ebay account.

dec322

Feb 11, 2006
Bham AL
Someone posted up around 30 purses for sell using my ebay account. Eight of them sold and three people actually paid $47 for the purse plus $45 shipping. Of course the money is going to a paypal account that I've never seen. On top of it, I now owe ebay $110 in insertion fees.

I've got emails going out to all that bought a purse and was able to end around 25 auctions. I've also sent out emails to ebay concerning the situation. This is so much fun. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :notnice: :notnice: :notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

Firewalls
Ad-Aware
Anti-Virus
Router
Complex Passwords using a minimum of 8 characters in both upper and lower case, special characters, and numbers.

it happened to me about 4 months ago..

My password was actually hacked when someone put clever code IN AN ACTUAL ebay auction.

Anyways, eBay offers live help where you can resolve the issue in a matter of 5 minutes over an IM box.

Good luck bro.

Firewalls
Ad-Aware
Anti-Virus
Router
Complex Passwords using a minimum of 8 characters in both upper and lower case, special characters, and numbers.

Yes Yes. I agree.

Problem, complex passwords mean I will forget what I put in there.

I think the problem is in the process of being solved. I've been getting spoof emails from "ebay" and "paypal" for a couple of years now....I guess it has finally gone to the next level.

Yes do all of the above things mentioned to protect your puter as well as yourself plus watch out for those phishing bastards. Passwords for sites like this are basic but when it comes to my money hell yeah upper and lower case with numbers.

Good chance someone tricked you into entering your password on a site that was not what it was supposed to be. Keep a close eye on your paypal account too.

Yes!... NEVER enter your information into PayPal if you got to the site as the result of a re-direct.

ALWAYS log into your PayPal or Ebay account by entering the address into the address bar or by a shortcut you've created for those sites.

Redirects can send you to a spoof site just as easily as they can take you to the real site.

Good chance someone tricked you into entering your password on a site that was not what it was supposed to be. Keep a close eye on your paypal account too.

Doubt it. You can download programs to run dictionaries against password boxes. They are supposed to be used for "software testing".

That's why you use a hard password so that it takes longer to crack and the hax3r gives up.

Also dangerous to try because you will always get caught doing it.