Free Dyno Results... 4k-5k dead spot??

gcomfx.com

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
Republic, MO
This is my first dyno event ever and things were rushed greatly, but it was a free rush dyno for me. The guys on my site say the torque range is off, but the HP should be accurate.

The place normally dynos Diesel engines like RVs and pulling rigs. I'm building them a website in exchange for dyno runs. Even if it's off, I figure I could still get some tuning out of it.

Anyone know have thoughts about why I'm dead in the water between 4k -5k ???? The car is untuned and the dead spot was on the juice and off. :(

Below are three different runs. We ran the car about 7 times total. The top one was on par for all the other N/A runs with 240HP my best. The two nitrous runs were 317HP. One of them it downshifted on, but still ran the exact same curve and numbers.

album_pic.php

album_pic.php

album_pic.php

• Sponsors (?)

Ask them to turn the smoothing factor on or turn it up so that you lose some of the squiggles. Paul, I must admit that 240rwhp seems way too good to be true to come from an AODE car with the stock heads and cam from what I've seen, especially on a mustang dyno. As for the flat spot, maybe the tranny is slipping a little there??? That does seem weird.

Killercanary said:
Ask them to turn the smoothing factor on or turn it up so that you lose some of the squiggles. Paul, I must admit that 240rwhp seems way too good to be true to come from an AODE car with the stock heads and cam from what I've seen, especially on a mustang dyno. As for the flat spot, maybe the tranny is slipping a little there??? That does seem weird.

Stupid email notification must not be working.... I was beginning to think no one loved me. :(

Okay back to seriousness. The tranny is freshly rebuilt, but the stall we put in was/is screwed up royally and a fully test replacement is waiting for my buddy to get back from vacation to help switch them out. The one in the car now is stalling UNDER a stock stall. :bang: It breaks the tires loose at 1 grand I kid you not. I lost half a second in the 1/4 off the bottle. :nonono:

The replacement should hit 2,600 - 2,800 :nice:

I thought about it being the tranny slipping too, but here's my NON-Gearhead thinking. IF the tranny is slipping wouldn't the juice show the slip even more???

Maybe the dyno tests are all bad? I really don't know, nor do I have the money to go anywhere else. I'm going to give them another shot after I get the stall changed out. They also said they'll hook up the A/F equipment to get more details. The dyno said I hit 237hp the first time, but the engine was pretty warm. They moved the fans up closer to the car and I turned on my manual fan switch which helped a bunch and got the 240 posted. :shrug:

I bought the car with 113,000 on it - so I can't guarentee the thing is stock, if not the guy put the silencer back in it when he traded it in. :rolleyes:

Let me ask you this: Does it matter if I have gears in the car? Do they change something on the dyno to compensate for this??? And what do you think about my torque?