front end help thread, mystery knocking, some body issues

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
so i rear ended another mustang a little while back on the driver side. i was full on the brakes and the driver side got the blunt of it. it was probably a 15 mph thing and it moved him a good distance. drivers side headlight, not the corner or the headlight but the one on the inside, closest to the passenger headlight the lens fell off, and then this is the damage:

DSCN1463.jpg

you can see the paint being messed up on the side, and the whole bumper has stress cracks. then my 5 lug showed me this, it rubs on the driver side and not the passenger side.

driver:

DSCN1566.jpg

where it rubs

DSCN1565.jpg

other side at lock:

DSCN1569.jpg

this is the front, see in the circles the driver side is pushed back some:

DSCN1563.jpg

this is where you can really see it was hit:

DSCN1562.jpg

i think thats supposed to be straight.

so should i pull the bumper off, get a new header pannel, and front bumper beam off latemodel and then the bumper reattachment kit and get it all right then get the bumper painted or what? im thinking it needs to be on a frame machiene, and make sure everything is square.

next thing, ive got new balljoints and ive still got a balljoint like knock, when i brake and turn in a parking lot to back into a space i get a good healthy knock knock and in a parking lot going under 15 mph or so when i get to lock almost it knocks one good time on me. my rack moves a good quarter inch each way when sitting still and sawing the wheel, but its always done that, could that cause my knock?

DSCN1563.jpg

• Sponsors (?)