front fender install Q's

88GT4u2nv

Nov 18, 2004
Wa
im putting some new fenders on the front of my 88 GT, before i get into im wondering what has to take place for them to come off. for example, does the inner fender have to be removed? also the fenders that are on there now have hangers on them for the ground effects, the new ones dont, options?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If you open your door up and look by the hinge, you will see a bolt that needs to be removed. Follow the 5.0 emblem down to the underside of the car where the fender meets the chassis, there is another bolt there. Remove the 3 or 4 bolts at the top of the fender in the engine bay. There are a few bolts connecting the fender to the front bumper, you can't miss them.

You can disconnect the plastic inner fender from the chassis and remove the fender and liner all at once. Also, (what has worked for me) is you can connect the plastic liner to the fender and then bolt the new fender up to car. You will want to line your body lines back up, so just give the bolts a little snug before you torque them all the way down.

If your new fenders didn't come with the ground effects hangers on them and you want to put the ground affects back on, you will need to rivet the old hangers to the new fender. Measure the distances on the old fender, mark your spot and rivet away. Have fun!

Tim