FRPP blower kit for 99+ GT?

trinity_gt

10 Year Member
Jan 31, 2003
Canada
In looking around at performance improvement options, I keep coming back to the FRPP roots blower & manifold setup as a reliable, simple, moderate power improvement option with the benefit of factory engineering.

In my 2003 FRPP catalog they list the kit for the 99+ PI-equipped 4.6 (M-6066-M463) as "under development" and I notice that the 2004 catalog on the FRPP site still shows this is the case.

http://www.performanceparts.ford.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5066

Does anyone have any knowledge about whether this condition will be changing soon? Will it move from "development" to "production" in the forseeable future?

:banana:

• Sponsors (?)

trinity_gt said:
In looking around at performance improvement options, I keep coming back to the FRPP roots blower & manifold setup as a reliable, simple, moderate power improvement option with the benefit of factory engineering.

In my 2003 FRPP catalog they list the kit for the 99+ PI-equipped 4.6 (M-6066-M463) as "under development" and I notice that the 2004 catalog on the FRPP site still shows this is the case.

http://www.performanceparts.ford.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5066

Does anyone have any knowledge about whether this condition will be changing soon? Will it move from "development" to "production" in the forseeable future?

:banana:

subscribing!!

Well, the PI version of the kit is still, frustratingly, under development. If it gives 6-psi (I think) and 65HP to the non-PI cars I'd expect quite a bit more of a gain at 6-psi on PI cars. How much? We can only guess but I'd bet it would result in something like an 80-90HP gain, taking the 99-04 4.6 to 340HP or so. If they can price it close to the current 96-98 setup that would be a steal.

I was just hoping someone had some insider information as to where this stands within FRPP.

I posted this question a couple of days ago in the poweradder forum. The one response I got at the time was that it is available. I might be looking into this unit too. Safe rearwheel horsepower #s and the price is extremely hard to pass up. Got to save cash somehow for the 05.

trinity_gt said:
Well, the PI version of the kit is still, frustratingly, under development. If it gives 6-psi (I think) and 65HP to the non-PI cars I'd expect quite a bit more of a gain at 6-psi on PI cars. How much? We can only guess but I'd bet it would result in something like an 80-90HP gain, taking the 99-04 4.6 to 340HP or so. If they can price it close to the current 96-98 setup that would be a steal.

I was just hoping someone had some insider information as to where this stands within FRPP.
and dont' forget smaller pullies

The kit would be great if it was do it yourself. If it comes with tuning and a fuel upgrade it would really interest me. No need to spend more on a KB,Vortech and others. Not looking to spend great amounts when the current cars fall out of favor for the 05. Just enough to get by and be competitive on the street.

The install kit is listed at $1,025.00 it includes:

• All required fuel system parts are supplied in hardware kit. Including high capacity fuel pump and 30 lb./hr. injectors.
• Requires an engine management computer unique to this application which is included in hardware kit.

bigconig said:
The install kit is listed at $1,025.00 it includes:

• All required fuel system parts are supplied in hardware kit. Including high capacity fuel pump and 30 lb./hr. injectors.
• Requires an engine management computer unique to this application which is included in hardware kit.
So if you pay $2500.00 to $3000.00 for the initial kit. And then have to buy the install kit for the above price. Then there's no real gain to buy this kit over the KB 6lb.

bigconig said:
As much as I like the KB kit, the thing that would draw me to the FRPP would be the tune that comes with it. I would assume it would be adaptive like the steeda tune kits.

Adaptive meaning what in regards to the tune. Forgive me I don't remember.

bigconig said:
As much as I like the KB kit, the thing that would draw me to the FRPP would be the tune that comes with it. I would assume it would be adaptive like the steeda tune kits.

The 96-98 kits came with a new computer and a replacement PATS module for the anti-theft system (98) I don't know if the 99 and up requires a PATS module or not. In addition to the computer, fuel pump and 30 lb injectors, It also comes with all the brackets required to relocate the alternator to clear the S/C. The kit came with all the small parts and vacuum hoses too. I have one for my 98 sitting in the garage that I haven't installed yet.

Chris