Frustrations !!!

ike34

Jan 16, 2004
Waterloo, IA
First, I install my UPR Powerpipe, about 2 weeks ago and gained 1 maybe 2 psi in boost, then a week later my heatercore starts leaking, luckily it was out the evaporator drain and not inside my car. I got that all fixed, it was pretty simple with the 50resto how to. Then Friday I got a bypass valve for my car and could tell a big difference in drivability. Now yesterday the worst happens again, im driving home from work and my car started to overheat so I pull over and inspect thing to see whats going on thinking maybe I forgot to tighten a hose clamp or something from when I did my heater core, nope those were all good, I look under my car and there is a steady drip/stream of coolant running off the bottom of my crank pulley. So I call up my friend and we tow it back to my house. After work today I get a chance to check out where it was leaking I crawl under my car and it looked to be from the bottom of the water pump. I then star to disassemble to front of the motor and come to find out waterpump backing plate gasket blew out. I just installed the waterpump last fall its a Summit waterpump. I will be off to get new gaskets tomorrow, and hope nothing else happens when i get it back together.

Sorry for the long story, Im just so frustrated!

• Sponsors (?)

Ahhhh, the joys of owning a Fox. That's exactly why I got rid of mine. I couldn't keep up with the nickle and dime stuff any longer. The long block itself I could depend on until the cows came home, but all the "little stuff" started to drive me crazy!!! :bang:

Hope your patience is greater than mine was. :D