FS:1986 GT w/331 and plenty of mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8Miller

I need NOS....make it 2 of the big ones
Founding Member
Jul 26, 2000
Kingston, PA, USA
Well, I guess that I have lost of most of my interest in the car and could use the money other ways rather than have the Mustang sit in the garage. So here is the run down of the car… $6500 firm:

1986 Mustang GT, Performance red.
Motor: Keith Craft 331, 8000 miles on it, always synthetic oil, forged pistons.
Heads: Victor Jr (2.05 intake and 1.60 valves), 1.6 Harland Sharp roller rockers.
Cam: Camshaft innovations custom grind
Intake: TFS R upper and lower
Throttle body: BBK 75mm
MAF: Pro-M 80mm / AFM 4” intake tube & air filter
Ignition: MSD 6al, blaster TFI coil, MSD tach adapter
Drivetrain: Spec stage 2 clutch, Ram 28oz flywheel, t-5 trans.
Exhaust: BBK 1 3-4” long tube headers, BBK 2.5” x-pipe, 2.5” flowmaster cat-back
Suspension: subframe connectors, rear Moroso Drag springs, Lakewood 50/50 shocks
Rear: (700 miles since assembled) Moser 31 spline axles, Moser C-clip elims, FMS rebuilt trac-lok with extra clutch, MAC diff cover, 4.10 gears.
Brakes/5 lug conversion: Front – ‘01 GT PBR brakes, calipers, spindles Rear – ’95 GT calipers/rotors. The wheels are from a ’02 GT and have Dayton 245/45zr17s ZRs all the way around.
Electronics/Tuning: AFM series 2 PMS, Innovate LM-2 wideband. Sunpro 5” Tach, ’95 GT 130 amp alternator conversion.
Stereo: Sony head unit, Alpine front speakers, Pioneer rears, 2-10” Apline subs, amplifier.
Body: Tinted windows, Saleen rear spoiler and 2.5” Harwood hood, factory moon roof.
Cooling: AFCO aluminum radiator and Proform electric fan.

*While the engine/car has never seen a dyno, the rear wheel HP is estimated around 400 HP.

*The car has not been to the track in 3 years, but it ran 12.75 @ 113 MPH with a shot rear diff and spinning the worn Nitto Drag Radials through the better part of 3rd gear.
*receipts for all.

Now for the bad…..
The front facia needs to be repainted, needs a new dash pad, a headliner, speedo doesn’t work and needs a new turn signal switch.

Other than that, if you bolt on some struts, front coilovers and some ET streets, this car will run mid-high 11s all day and you can take it to the grocery store too!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/483627/1986-ford-ltd <---- for all pics

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.