Fuel cut Issues

RJ3264

Aug 4, 2018
Waco, Texas
So on my 91 lx 5.0 I have been having some kinda fueling issue. Haven’t had much time to investigate but thought I’d run my issues by you knowledgeable people and see what happens. So the car runs great till it doesn’t basically. So we kinda ruled out fuel pump since pumps don’t go in and out. Now we have thought maybe grounds because the car had been rear ended before and maybe knocked a ground loose. Where exactly is the fuel pump ground or any ground for that system located? Also if anyone has a suggestion for the issue please feel free to shoot ideas to me they would be much appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

For wiring identification go to veryuseful.com,
i would suggest checking out the 5.0 tech/how to threads for guidance on run good/run bad issues, look for the surging idle checklist, but you don't have a surging idle you say? Well the checklist shows you how to check for codes and fuel pump issues among other things that cause idle/stall and general 'it just don't run good' stuff.

The computer has diagnostic checks for the fuel pump losing power. Dump the codes to see if the computer detected anything.

Dump codes sticky

Look at the top of the 5.0 Tech forum where the sticky threads are posted. One of them is how to dump the computer codes. Codes may be present even if the CEL (Check Engine Light) isn’t on. You don’t need a code reader or scanner – all you need is a paper clip, or if your lady friend has a hair pin, that will do the job.
I highly suggest that you read it and follow the instructions to dump the codes. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-pull-codes-from-eec4.889006/