Fuel door push button.

• Sponsors (?)

How do you remove the button in the glove box for the fuel door. I looked on the back side, I don’t see how the plastic tangs fit through the round hole.
They are kind of like wings on the back side. They are pliable. You have to reach back behind and squeeze them to the contour of the button and push through the hole if that makes sense.

Reactions: 1 users
Is this a 94/95 car? The button in my glove box opens the hatch. You have to reach around and squeeze the retainers in to get it out. You might be able to look up at it from the foot well to get an idea of what you are dealing with. If you can bend around that much.

1585759760423.png

Or here is a pic. You have to push those little wings down. I usually have to push on either the top two or bottom two then rock the thing like I'm trying to push it out at an angle. That will allow it to slide out enough to catch that set of wing things. Then you can do the same thing with the other set rocking it in the other direction. At that point a good push should pop it out.

I answered my own question. Lol

I didn't know that fox mustangs had an option for an electric fuel door. Learn something every day!

Looks like it should come out the same way though.