Fuel Injection Test

rotorhead22

Dec 17, 2020
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I replaced the forward and aft vinyl hoses on my fuel rails to include the connector o rings. I want to test the system prior to installing the intake. Will turning the key on be sufficient for the pressure to build up and look for leaks? Also on the bottom of my intake there is a vacuum tree with two small stems, there was nothing connected to these ports, should they be capped off TIA

• Sponsors (?)

Yes turning the key on will build stock rail pressure to check for leaks, you could always key it on / off / on, in case your f.p. is
a little weak.
Ports should be capped off it they are open or you'll have a vacuum leak.

Yes turning the key on will build stock rail pressure to check for leaks, you could always key it on / off / on, in case your f.p. is
a little weak.
Ports should be capped off it they are open or you'll have a vacuum leak.
I really didn’t pay too much attention when removing the intake however I took the photo for reference and just noticed those ports. I’m going to get out the big light and double check for dangling hoses

I really didn’t pay too much attention when removing the intake however I took the photo for reference and just noticed those ports. I’m going to get out the big light and double check for dangling hoses
Here's some help for the vacuum lines - Red line goes to the fuel pressure regulator.
Speed density cars: One goes from the manifold to the MAP sensor on the firewall behind the upper manifold.
Mass Air cars: NO connection goes from the manifold to the BARO sensor on the firewall behind the upper manifold.

There is a cluster of vacuum lines on the passenger side wheel well. A plastic sleeve covers the colored part of the lines: push it back to see the colors I am referring to.

One white line from the vacuum line cluster goes to the rear smog pump valve. One line goes from the manifold to the red line on the vacuum line cluster. One green line from the vacuum line cluster goes to the EGR, The black line from the vacuum line cluster goes to the from smog pump valve.

One large vacuum line from the front goes to the carbon canister control solenoid.

One large line goes to the vacuum tree

One large line to the PVC valve.

Some help from Tmoss (diagram designer) & Stang&2Birds (website host) with a picture...
88Stang5.0Vacuum.gif

mustangFoxFordVacuumDiagram.jpg

Here's some help for the vacuum lines - Red line goes to the fuel pressure regulator.
Speed density cars: One goes from the manifold to the MAP sensor on the firewall behind the upper manifold.
Mass Air cars: NO connection goes from the manifold to the BARO sensor on the firewall behind the upper manifold.

There is a cluster of vacuum lines on the passenger side wheel well. A plastic sleeve covers the colored part of the lines: push it back to see the colors I am referring to.

One white line from the vacuum line cluster goes to the rear smog pump valve. One line goes from the manifold to the red line on the vacuum line cluster. One green line from the vacuum line cluster goes to the EGR, The black line from the vacuum line cluster goes to the from smog pump valve.

One large vacuum line from the front goes to the carbon canister control solenoid.

One large line goes to the vacuum tree

One large line to the PVC valve.

Some help from Tmoss (diagram designer) & Stang&2Birds (website host) with a picture...
88Stang5.0Vacuum.gif

mustangFoxFordVacuumDiagram.jpg
Thank you very much. It makes more sense in your written description than the diagram. I printed out that very picture I wasn’t sure where some of the parts were and that’s a lesson learned, thanks again

It’s back together with no fuel leaks however I forgot to add “charge the battery “ to the checklist

Attachments

• 7A804E21-C02E-442C-8725-CE863263BD4A.jpeg
    7A804E21-C02E-442C-8725-CE863263BD4A.jpeg
    553.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 042BEF5E-03DD-4F0F-80FA-9348FE3C50AC.jpeg
    042BEF5E-03DD-4F0F-80FA-9348FE3C50AC.jpeg
    564.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 81CB878A-408D-42F4-A105-388800C6242E.jpeg
    81CB878A-408D-42F4-A105-388800C6242E.jpeg
    505.4 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: 1 users