• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

fuel injector size question

  • Thread starter Thread starter rustang94
  • Start date Start date Aug 17, 2004

rustang94

Member
Dec 2, 2003
281
0
16
Milwaukee WI.
Aug 17, 2004
#1
  • Aug 17, 2004
  • #1
I'm going to be getting a 8/9 psi procharger p-1sc with a two core intercooler ( in about a year ). I got all the info in a big folder from them the other day and they don't have any kits that come with bigger injectors. Or have any info on what size to use. Any suggestions? I would like to get the mass-air and injectors now, unless it will be overkill till the supercharger.
thanks
 

Joes95GT

New Member
Jan 23, 2003
3,132
1
0
Delaware
Aug 17, 2004
#2
  • Aug 17, 2004
  • #2
rustang94 said:
I'm going to be getting a 8/9 psi procharger p-1sc with a two core intercooler ( in about a year ). I got all the info in a big folder from them the other day and they don't have any kits that come with bigger injectors. Or have any info on what size to use. Any suggestions? I would like to get the mass-air and injectors now, unless it will be overkill till the supercharger.
thanks
Click to expand...
What else is done to the car?

If the car is stock, or has very little mods, I'd go with a 36 or 42 lb/hr injector with no FMU.

Joe
 

rustang94

Member
Dec 2, 2003
281
0
16
Milwaukee WI.
Aug 17, 2004
#3
  • Aug 17, 2004
  • #3
I have a ford performance solutions block 306 with
ross racing pistons
lighten rods and crank
gt-40p heads
1.6 ford rr
gt-40 intake
65mm throttle body
mac cold air
under drive pulleys
aode with shift kit
rear end with 3.55s
fuel pressure regulator
155 fuel pump
 

R.J.

Member
Aug 20, 2003
813
0
16
Warwick, Rhode Island
Aug 17, 2004
#4
  • Aug 17, 2004
  • #4
Not to get to technical, because experience will probably teach more, but Summit Racing had a tech article on fuel injector size, that had these equations;
for a blown V8; .06875 x HP you want to produce = Fuel inj size to handle it
Exp. .06875 x 523hp = 36lb So Summit says 36 lb injectors can handle up to 523hp! Again this is just the math way of doing it.

for N/A V8; replace .06875 with .05625 and do the same.
 

rustang94

Member
Dec 2, 2003
281
0
16
Milwaukee WI.
Aug 17, 2004
#5
  • Aug 17, 2004
  • #5
Thanks. Looks like I'm going to have to wait till I get the procharger to get my mass and injectors.
 

Joes95GT

New Member
Jan 23, 2003
3,132
1
0
Delaware
Aug 17, 2004
#6
  • Aug 17, 2004
  • #6
I'd go with 42's. For the most part, you have a blown 5.0 Explorer motor. 42's will do you well. With it being intercooled, I'd say you're going to have somewhere in the neighborhood of 420 RWHP which equates to ~500 FWHP.

Joe
 

rustang94

Member
Dec 2, 2003
281
0
16
Milwaukee WI.
Aug 17, 2004
#7
  • Aug 17, 2004
  • #7
I'm definatly getting it dyno tuned once its installed ( to be safe )
 

Joes95GT

New Member
Jan 23, 2003
3,132
1
0
Delaware
Aug 17, 2004
#8
  • Aug 17, 2004
  • #8
rustang94 said:
I'm definatly getting it dyno tuned once its installed ( to be safe )
Click to expand...
Good idea.

Joe
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Gt40 e303 combo questions
  • 99mustanggt2018
  • Mar 30, 2025
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
506
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Mar 30, 2025
KRUISR
9
WTB: Procharger or Vortech Supercharger – 1996–1998 Mustang GT 4.6 2V – Budget $3,200
  • 96mustang.gt
  • Nov 20, 2025
  • Want to Buy
Replies
1
Views
479
Want to Buy May 3, 2026
roblabsn95
R
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
362
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
S
Requesting Guidance for 306 motor swap - Fuel? - SD? MAF?
  • So_Flo
  • Jul 26, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
32
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 4, 2026
Mcmahst
F
Trouble Shooting Sudden Shift of AFR at low RPM
  • Farva_84
  • Jun 6, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
576
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 8, 2025
Farva_84
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?