fuel line clips

the clips that hold the fuel lines, off the fuel rail, to the fuel lines, in the engine bay are two different kinds of clips? the one is your average fuel line clip, like the ones that hold the lines on the fuel filter. but the other one is different. why is this? i went to every parts store to look for one but i can't even remember what it looks like (took them off about 6 months ago).anyone know where to get one or have a pic of what it looks like atleast. :shrug:
this is the very last thing i need before i crank it over and break it in.

• Sponsors (?)

351 your awesome. not the clips like the ones that you use to hold the fuel filter on, it's different. i just bought a box of the ford fuel line clips from AZ(black and white clips) they worked for one of the lines. but the other one is different. it almost looks like you need a clip for each side of the line. its really hard to explain, i feel like a retard.

i found a pic of the ones i dont need. i just bought some.

Attachments

• 800-023_1X.jpg
    800-023_1X.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 170
Duck Bill clip

89' RICE COOKER said:
thanx alot 351. you've been great help. i'll go pick some up tomorrow.
good luck on your project. :flag:

This clip is nick named the Duck Bill clip.

Click on page 19 on my cardomain link below I got the parts numbers listed for both line clips and pictures of my issues I went through on this subject. I got mine at NAPA auto parts for like 5 bux for both. Becareful that you get the right size clip, they make two sizes that I know of. Also let her run a few minutes while you make sure these lines don't leak. There is a som O-rings inside of those fuel lines that can leak even if you got new right size clips on. These O-rings are some what easy to replace if need be and I got the information on my web site about them also. I was able to pick them up from AZ. Now if you have to replace these O-rings ( page 22 and 23) after you already connected the fuel lines you will need a cheap plastic tool they make to remove this clip your trying to find. All this imformtion is on my site as well and what 0-rings will work with fuel also.

P.S. If your unable to find these clips let me know, I may have some extras lying around.

89' RICE COOKER said:
sweet, this helps out alot. i had the same problem at AZ, they looked at me like i was retarded. thanx again guys, ill get some pics up soon. :flag:

Man try owning a SVO, everyone including Ford :scratch: when I ask them for parts :rlaugh: Those over sized clips I bought came from the Ford dealer :rolleyes: It took me about: two weeks, 6 parts stores, and two dealer ships just to find those clips. I had to drive 20 miles over to the next two to get them also which was by luck I found them. I had almost given up when I saw this other town had a NAPA which my town doesn't.

Now those O-rings I bought came from AZ and they should have some of those. Just read on the back and make sure they will work with fuel.

i just got back from AZ and got the o-rings. stopped at courtesy ford and it took them about 20min to figure out what i was talking about. and they dont carry them either. ill call napa and see if they got them, the closest one is about 30min away. i need 1/4" one's right?

89' RICE COOKER said:
actually dorman makes the clips.
check it out.
http://www.midwayauto.us/searchby.asp?txtSearch=Dorman&select1=mfg

i had a local napa order me some they should arrive tomorrow. again thanks for the help fellas. :flag:

Thanks what where here for :flag:

Also, don't forget to double check these two lines aren't leaking before you drive off into the sunset. My lines started leaking after I replaced these two clips, it seems I damaged the O-rings inside the hose while pulling them off :(

Let us know how it goes :nice:

Pro-Hawk said:
Thanks what where here for :flag:

Also, don't forget to double check these two lines aren't leaking before you drive off into the sunset. My lines started leaking after I replaced these two clips, it seems I damaged the O-rings inside the hose while pulling them off :(

Let us know how it goes :nice:

well like pro said one of my lines is leaking. the one with the duckbill clip. i bought some o-rings from AZ but i have no clue where they go. are both the plastic fittings sopposed to have that little white spacer looking thing inside of it. the one leaking i noticed didn't have one in it? :shrug:

89' RICE COOKER said:
well like pro said one of my lines is leaking. the one with the duckbill clip. i bought some o-rings from AZ but i have no clue where they go. are both the plastic fittings sopposed to have that little white spacer looking thing inside of it. the one leaking i noticed didn't have one in it? :shrug:

The o-rings are like counter sunk in side that fuel hose connector and kind of hard to see. Theres a small grove in the white plastic pice about a inch down from the top of the hose. I use a craftsmen (detail looking) pick set deals to remove and install the o-rings. Now make sure these rings CAN be used with fuel. Just use one of those picks to reach in there and lightly pull the old O-ring out, then drop a new one is and use a pick to lightly push the new O-ring in the grove. Is pretty small viewing but not to hard to do.