Fuel pressure issue 95 mustang 5l

So we put a new head gasket in 95 302. All went well but now we have a fuel pressure problem. Took fuel line off and turned on the pump and got a good flow of fuel. Next took off the fuel regulator and there was residual pressure there, gas squirted out. But, here is the thing.. no fuel pressure at the Schrader valve. Took valve completely out and ran the pump, nothing. Replaced the regulator and still nothing. I can't imagine what could be wrong, any insight would be greatly appreciated. Pulling my hair out!

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Can't be too many things. Any chance something heavy was dropped on the fuel rail and squished it? Something stuck in there. Try blowing some air through it, see what happens.

Kurt

Can't be too many things. Any chance something heavy was dropped on the fuel rail and squished it? Something stuck in there. Try blowing some air through it, see what happens.

Kurt
Hi Kurt, thanks for the response. After a good part of the day and taking the intake off again we found the issue.. and it's a little embarrassing. Not to point fingers but it wasn't me. So a couple of others were tasked with taking the top end off. They did not have the proper tools to get the fuel lines off. Not sure how they did it but on one side the hose pulled off the connector and someone must have thought it a good idea to stick it into the other connector. So believe it or not, the large connector is now the small connector. We replace the other connector with what we thought was the right size. So, long story short the fuel lines were turned around. We somehow broke a fool proof process. I suspect the two connectors stuck together didn't leak because fuel never got there. So now we have two connectors to replace but at least we know what went wrong.

Reactions: 1 user
Glad you figured it out. Just back fed the injector rail; yeah, I didn't even think of that possibility. Don't worry, I myself am a completely infallible automotive technician, and I have never done something stupid like that before.

Kurt