Fuel pump fuse keeps blowing.

Last week lost the fuel pump while driving and found it to be a blown fuse. Owners manual says "fuel pump" with nothing else on that fuse. That day it was hot and I was running max A/C. While I was looking for he issue, I noticed the radiator fan was not running. Once I replaced the fuse it ran fine for about a week then, on 4th of July of all days, starts blowing fuses. Three 20amps in a row. Every time I replaced the fuse, start engine, instant lean and stumbling idle assuming from loss of fuel pump due to blown fuse. Replaced with a 30amp to see if I could get it back home, blew it instantly also, smelled a little like something burning so I hope I didn't fry any wires with the fuse that was 10amps over.
I have a focus pump on the way and new fuses ready but has anyone else had an issue similar to this? and did a new fuel pump fix it? I have 90+ K miles on the stock pump and the KB and BAP were added around the 40K mark. I did all the install myself and I'm hoping it's not a bad ground or wire issue from something I've done.
Thanks,
STeve

• Sponsors (?)

Yea, I think you figured it out already, you have a short to ground problem, don't ever, I repeat ever use a higher amp fuse:mad::eek::jaw::nono::nonono:, you're lucky your wires didn't catch on fire. Usally when you keep blowing fuses you ground wire is malfuctioning, almost like putting a penny in you power outlet, that'll blow a fuse easily. Electical problems, if you have a meter are pretty easy, somewhat, to solve.