Fuel pump wont turn on after motor swap

• Sponsors (?)

86BlueGT said:
I just finished my motor swap (88 motor, 86 main harness and 88 injector harness) and now the fuel pump will not turn on. I believe everything is hooked up and all the grounds are good. Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe try resetting the fuel pump? There is a switch or something in the back area of the trunk, by the driver's side tailight I believe...sorry for the vague details, it's in the manual somewhere.

Mine got shutoff when I got bumped in the back, then I had to reset it.

Cashmoney is referring to the inertia switch.

i would start at the fusable link for the pump and work down, since it is probably something harness related.
though this is likely not exactly what you have, it should be close (courtesty of TMoss).
http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/fuel-alt-links-ign-ac.gif

just trace all the wiring. the circuit is fairly simple. also, if the computer is not supplying ground to the pump relay (conventionally under the drivers seat or under the air inlet tube in later foxes) you will not get far. you can test a lot of the circuit by checking the values at the FP relay too. you can see if you have battery power, puter input, and so on. then go upstream or downstream as needed to fix it. you should find the problem relatively fast.
good luck.