• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

fuel rails needed for 500hp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charged90LX
  • Start date Start date Sep 22, 2004
C

Charged90LX

New Member
Sep 9, 2004
20
0
0
Sep 22, 2004
#1
  • Sep 22, 2004
  • #1
will I need to upgrade the fuel rails at 500hp? I am running 36# injectors and a walbro 255 fuel pump. Vortech v1 at 16 psi.
 
C

Charged90LX

New Member
Sep 9, 2004
20
0
0
Sep 22, 2004
#2
  • Sep 22, 2004
  • #2
anyone?
 
M

mackey

Active Member
Jan 25, 2003
1,284
1
38
Beverly, Massachusetts
Sep 22, 2004
#3
  • Sep 22, 2004
  • #3
stock block?.. You probably should, I heard they only reach 350hp.
 
C

Charged90LX

New Member
Sep 9, 2004
20
0
0
Sep 22, 2004
#4
  • Sep 22, 2004
  • #4
I;m suprised stock only handles 350hp. doesnt seem like many people upgrade their fuel rails.
 

giddyup306

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
3,041
2
59
Sep 22, 2004
#5
  • Sep 22, 2004
  • #5
Trick flow or aeromotive.
 

stangbear427

Active Member
Nov 11, 2002
2,401
1
49
New England
Sep 22, 2004
#6
  • Sep 22, 2004
  • #6
Just passing along some unverified info on my part; I was going to buy billet rails on ebay a few months ago, and emailed the seller with questions about them. Turns out he runs a Mustang speedshop, and he said that he's tested stock rails to well over 600HP with no problems whatsoever, and he literally told me flat out not to buy his rails because they were a waste on my bolt on 302. Maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about, but I'd think as a seller he'd be trying to talk me into it not out of it, if it wouldn't hurt anything to have them. Whatever, I'm going with all Aeromotive stuff now anyway so I'm glad I didn't do it.
 
D

Daggar

New Member
Jul 19, 2004
3,902
5
0
Sep 22, 2004
#7
  • Sep 22, 2004
  • #7
stangbear427 said:
Just passing along some unverified info on my part; I was going to buy billet rails on ebay a few months ago, and emailed the seller with questions about them. Turns out he runs a Mustang speedshop, and he said that he's tested stock rails to well over 600HP with no problems whatsoever, and he literally told me flat out not to buy his rails because they were a waste on my bolt on 302. Maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about, but I'd think as a seller he'd be trying to talk me into it not out of it, if it wouldn't hurt anything to have them. Whatever, I'm going with all Aeromotive stuff now anyway so I'm glad I didn't do it.
Click to expand...

There may be some validity to what he's saying. However (comma) I would be more concerned with the stock fuel lines and connectors running out of room before I'd be worried about the fuel rails. I do not know first hand how much HP the stock rails will support but I do know that the lines leading up them are junk.
 
N

NightStalkersSO

New Member
Aug 23, 2004
62
0
0
Gilbert, Az
Sep 22, 2004
#8
  • Sep 22, 2004
  • #8
Yeah, I've seen cars with supercharged 500hp combos running stock fuel rails, but they usually have a 2nd fuel pump....You can upgrade the intank fuel lines though and might not even need to do that....but a 2nd fuel pump is always a good backup
 

Rick 91GT

Mustang Master
Nov 29, 1999
9,692
95
99
PA
Sep 22, 2004
#9
  • Sep 22, 2004
  • #9
Are you running the inline T-rex fuel pump? If not you should be...

You can make 550+hp on the stock rails but it is a good idea to upgrade them around that level. Look at the rails from www.behindbarsracecars.com they are made to clear aftermarket distributors, the Aeromtive and others are not and it can be a major issue.
 
N

nitroponynj

New Member
Mar 1, 2004
27
0
0
Sep 22, 2004
#10
  • Sep 22, 2004
  • #10
friend ran stock fuel rails with a blower and ran 9`s with stock fuel rails,,,,stick with what you have there a waste
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
01 mustang 3.8 fuel pressure issue
  • Mhaley2006
  • May 29, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
377
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 9, 2026
JohnKay
J
S
Fuel rail help
  • stang9150
  • Mar 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
434
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 5, 2026
stang9150
S
Fox Fuel Pump Issues After Replacement/Upgrade
  • Ryu
  • Jun 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
913
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
Ryu
M
Electrical 93 5.0 No Injector Pulse
  • machinermac
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
15
Views
379
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 1, 2026
Willybill32
J
Fuel Fuel Pressure Issue
  • justadude07
  • May 12, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
452
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 12, 2025
justadude07
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?