• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Fuel System Issues...

  • Thread starter Thread starter 97-71B
  • Start date Start date Nov 29, 2017

97-71B

New Member
Nov 29, 2017
2
0
1
Chattanooga, TN
Nov 29, 2017
#1
  • Nov 29, 2017
  • #1
So, I need some input from more experienced mechanics... I recently ran into an issue with my 97 GT not starting, found out there was no fuel pressure to the rail though I could hear the pump running. (I have a Holley in-line system)

I jacked up the car and disconnected the 10an input line to my pump and saw no fuel was coming out. I gave a toot of compressed air into the line and the gas started flowing nice and strong.

I reconnected the line and the car started right up. After 3 days of sitting, the fuel stopped again. This time I've pulled the while tank to check for any debris that could be causing a clog. I've been unable to find any.

Anyone have an idea about what could be causing this?
 

97-71B

New Member
Nov 29, 2017
2
0
1
Chattanooga, TN
Nov 29, 2017
#2
  • Nov 29, 2017
  • #2
UPDATE: I swapped the fuel pump out just to rule out that as a cause... The issue remained, I tried pressurizing the fuel tank just out of curiosity and the rail pressurized after that just fine. This caused a large amount of fuel to leak from the tank's return line at the union to the tank pickup, as well. Any ideas why I'd need to pressurize the tank to get pressure to my rail?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
01 mustang 3.8 fuel pressure issue
  • Mhaley2006
  • May 29, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
369
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 9, 2026
JohnKay
J
Fox Fuel Pump Issues After Replacement/Upgrade
  • Ryu
  • Jun 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
897
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
Ryu
L
1997 V6 Starting issue
  • leanzik04
  • Mar 20, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
297
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Mar 20, 2026
Noobz347
C
03 Cobra Low Fuel Pressure
  • CTsnake_03
  • Mar 17, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
335
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Mar 24, 2026
CTsnake_03
C
C
98 gt fuel pressure issues
  • chasecollier1984
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
139
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 2, 2026
chasecollier1984
C
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?