Fuel Tank Sump Pics Please...

• Sponsors (?)

Can you weld or are you taking that somewhere to be installed? I know a lot of shops will not weld sumps in used gas tanks anymore..I cringe a little but do them, usually I am using a BBRC tank.
If you going to weld the tank, sit the tank outside with Simple Green or Mr Clean in it, full of water for at least a week to try to kill the gas smell and fumes...

I also weld the tank with water in it..

Now, that sump will work witn no issues. What pump are you looking at running, that will determine mounting. I use Fuelab external pumps on my systems and mount them off a bracket on the bumper, at the same level or slightly lower then the sump feed fitting. Most external pumps are made to be gravity fed.

I have a friend that used to weld heavy machinery for a living. He has a TIG setup, and will weld it for a nominal fee. I'm gonna see tomorrow if I can find a local radiator shop that will clean out the tank that is on the car now. If I can't find someone to clean it, I'll probably just get a new factory replacement. As far as the pump goes, I'm leaning towards the Holley blue pump. I have been wishy-washy as to go carbed or efi. I can't seem to wrap my head around all the components and wiring that is necessary to go efi, so for now I am going to carb it.