full bassani/built rear question

silvrgt

Dec 2, 2004
Baltimore, MD
i currently have an 02 GT 5 speed..only mod being an MGW shifter. i'm looking at getting full bassani exhaust..the catback, offroad x pipe, and headers. how much power can i look to gain? also..is the SS stuff really that much better than the bx? now..the built rear question..i'm looking to get 31 spline axles and differential..who makes good cost effective stuff? i plan on getting a vortech s-trim this summer and running 11s on drag radials. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I have strange 31 spline axles, with a auburn ECTED differential. the ected allows you to change from limited slip to full locker at the flip of a switch at any speed. perfect for street strip cars. very strong too. I wouldn't recomend auburn limited slips though, i've heard of them failing. but ected should last. Eaton makes good diff and mosar also makes good axles. :nice:

To answer your exhaust question...

I have the Bassani BX x pipe and cat back. It sounds and performs the same as the SS version. It also has the same quality as the SS. Another good thing about the BX version that people forget is that its lighter than the SS. Hell, it was lighter than the stock exhaust. I wouldn't worry about rust issues unless you live in a place that snows. Oh yeah, the BX doesn't come with removable baffles like the SS does.