Full Bassani Exhaust

dustang50

Jan 12, 2006
Cleveland, OH
I had this one in the Cobra section, but got zero responses. Hoping it works better here...

I've had a full Bassani exhaust on my '03 Cobra for a few months now & can't seem to get over the fact that it sounds like a coffee can full of BBs when I step on it. Anyone else have this setup? Does it sound like that for you, or is something rattling around on mine?

• Sponsors (?)

A few easy things to check:
1. Vibrating heat shield. My Bassani Bx Catted X pipe lost a heat shield only months after I installed it
2. Tail pipe contacting the frame of the car. I have done a bunch of exhaust work and I always have to crawl back under the car to find where the pipe is hitting the frame. It is usually right above the rear axle
3. Loose connection to manifold. Did you use a new gasket on the passenger side? Bolts torqued down?
4. If your catback has baffles in the tips, try removing those.

A few easy things to check:
1. Vibrating heat shield. My Bassani Bx Catted X pipe lost a heat shield only months after I installed it
2. Tail pipe contacting the frame of the car. I have done a bunch of exhaust work and I always have to crawl back under the car to find where the pipe is hitting the frame. It is usually right above the rear axle
3. Loose connection to manifold. Did you use a new gasket on the passenger side? Bolts torqued down?
4. If your catback has baffles in the tips, try removing those.

These are good ideas - thanks! I'll check them out when I have a chance. I never even thought about it being a vibration...

Hi,

I have a full Bx Bassani system with high flow cats too on my GT and after the first couple of months got it fitted I noticed there was a rattle but only when cold.
So I did the bang test on the cans and found driver side muffler had a loose baffle but after a few months it went away.

good luck