Full Exhaust System

john tran

Oct 17, 2012
Hey guys I have a 05 gt and I am looking for an exhaust system. I already have an intake and a section tuner. I was looking into a obx long tube and exhaust system. Has anyone installed obx exhaust system??

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys I have a 05 gt and I am looking for an exhaust system. I already have an intake and a section tuner. I was looking into a obx long tube and exhaust system. Has anyone installed obx exhaust system??

Thanks
That appears to just be long-tube headers and a mid-pipe, so it's not a complete system per se. (an exhaust system would be from the headers all the way to the mufflers)

Check out BBK long-tubes, they're made in the USA and are just a good quality set of headers, we've seen between 14 to 24HP gains from these: http://www.steeda.com/store/s197-bbk-long-tube-headers.hthml

Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Thanks. Sorry I forgot to mention I have corsa sport axle back right now. I'm not to happy with the sound it gives off, it is a tab louder then stock at idle and while giving gas..

So the bbks are just headers, what mid pipes do guys combo with it? It says they are catted pipes..? What exactly am I gutting if I purchase those headers??

Thanks

If you're going to go through the headache of installing long tubes may I suggest the best in the business... American Racing Headers. Full long tube systems with mid pipes X or H style of your choosing. 304 SS made in the U.S.A. with U.S.A. resourced components down to the last bolt.

Thanks. Sorry I forgot to mention I have corsa sport axle back right now. I'm not to happy with the sound it gives off, it is a tab louder then stock at idle and while giving gas..

So the bbks are just headers, what mid pipes do guys combo with it? It says they are catted pipes..? What exactly am I gutting if I purchase those headers??

Thanks
On that page I posted we list the BBK mid-pipe options, one with converters, one without.

Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Read up on those Ebay headers...lots of horror stories about fitment issues. LT are a big enough pain that I wouldn't want any more issues than necessary. Best bet on LT is to pay a little more up front and get "good" ones that are known to fit well.

I had Mac Boomtubes without any other mods and they sounded great but droned in 5th gear at 60mph.

Went to Mac long-tube headers with Mac off-road ProChamber, sounded nasty but was extremely loud and drone was unbearable at 5th gear and 60mph.

My current set up is Mac long-tube headers with Mac off-road ProChamber, and Bassani Race axle-backs and I love it. Quiet when I want it to be and loud and throaty when I want it to be.

From another thread. I got my long-tubes ceramic coated and suggest you do the same with whichever headers you buy.