full exhaust

stangs4me

Apr 21, 2006
Las Vegas
Where can I find a good full exhaust for these cars? I was hoping to find headers back with true dual exhaust.
Also, on a side note, anyone here from LV, NV? I wanted to know if these cars were required to have catalytic converters to pass smog here.

• Sponsors (?)

Vegas, Hi Neighbor! Well internet nieghbor anyway I am in SLC, and come down to the Vegas track once in a while. I ran a single 3' which when taken into consideration flows better than dual 2 in pipes. There are no premanufactured exhaust systems for the II. You have to have a shop do a custom run from the headers back. Good Luck!

On the cat question if your like Utah if it came with the car it has to be there, however my 78 did not have smog equip, only 1 cat. So high flow cats are no problem. ( not like mine would pass smog anyway) ;)

The best price on the Hedmans with 1 1/2" primaries and 3" collectors is $119.95 through Performance Automotive Warehouse....or P.A.W. they are cheaper than Summit....They have the Hooker Supercomps with 1 1/2" primaries and 2 1/2" collectors for $389.95.

The following are P.A.W. part numbers:

--The part number for the Hedmans is #88350

--The part number for the Hooker Supercomps is #HOO-6120 or it looks like you can get them ceramic coated for the same price and that number is #HOO-6120-1