Funtional GT hood problems

fastangboi

My first set of nuts vibrated themselves off.
Jul 26, 2006
Slowville
Ok so a while back i thought it'd be a good idea to make my 2000 GT hood functional. Ive had problems ever since. wondering if anybody else with ram air style hoods has these poblems too.
View attachment 449869

This is one of the spark plugs under water causing it to misfire. 5 and 7 were both drowning.

View attachment 449871
View attachment 449873
View attachment 449875

this happened as i was getting to #8

View attachment 449877

Here is a pic of my Motorcraft plug on the right and Denso on the left. Right has 83,000mi. notice the sweet uffset electrode

View attachment 449879

Is there any cure for submersed plugs?
ps: this happened before i swapped to Densos and it acted like a plug had fouled thats why i got rid of the Motorcrafts. but then i found out that 5 and 8 did foul out. the pic of the old plug is #8, the worst one. i kept it as a souvoneer.

• Sponsors (?)

If you want a functional scoop, this is why you get the CDC, KarKraft, or Banshee shaker systems... they drain. Sorry about your luck.

No offense, but every time i see a "Make my GT scoop functional thread" i chime in with reasons against doing so.

The pics above are the reason why.

You'll have to replace all the above parts and then close up the hood to prevent it from happening again

wow....wut the hell were you thinking????:shrug: cant you use half a brain to figure out that when u cut a hole in your hood alot of stuff is going to go in that hole (ex. WATER!!!!!:rlaugh: ) not only that but you didnt gain anything at all. Oh wait u did...problems. you need to buy another hood or fix the hole in yours and then you need to sell your mustang and buy a pinto or something. geeze :owned:

40th GT said:
This plug on the left, do you know how many miles are on it?
83,000 miles

And to the other guys cutting a hole in my hood seemed like a good idea at the time. obviously i have my answer. this just pushes me to get another hood sooner. probably a 2.5" 2000 Cobra-R w/o louvers.

Did you hear about the 2 russian guys drinking at a bar? there was an anti-tank mine out in the road and they bet each other that they couldnt jump on it hard enough to detonate it......they though it was a good idea at the time too....unfortunately they were wrong
This is like an automotive darwin award

Yeah, I was going to say something about how that was a bad idea, but that's been covered I see. A functional hood has to have something to do with the airbox, btw, I don't know what you'd call a hole in your hood. I have been trying to convert my GT hood for a very long time though, KarKraft had a kit but no longer.

Jeeze, you guys suck! LOL. This guy is having enough trouble and KNOWS it was a mistake....he doesnt need everyone bashing him for it. We have all thought of it at one time...but most of us went and asked on the forums (myself included, a long time ago)...this guy had the balls to try it BEFORE asking.
Heh, just a good reason to buy a new hood like you said man :nice: .

The 00 cobra R's louvers are NOT functional...but we changed that with mine :D
DONT WORRY GUYS WE TOOK PRECAUTIONS! No water (MAYBE a very small amount if you spray water directly into the slots) will get in from rain. :nice:

FalconGuy016 said:
I don't know what you'd call a hole in your hood.

Hole in a hood is called hole in a hood, no matter how you look at it.
Where scoop is located, it really does nothing, even with hole if you ask me.

I like the idea of functional scoop, as thats like first thing ricer pick on me about - non-functional food scoop(never mind of their none functional big wing and implactical body kit), and thought about getting Saleen heat extracter hood, but I'm afraid of H2o dmg.

And I don't even drive my car in rain!