gastank won't fill up???????

FFR snakeman

Jul 1, 2002
virginia
the last couple times i fill up the hose clickes off and i stop but when i get in the car it is only 3/4 full, didn't think anything the first time but has happened every time now.
any ideas as to what is going on?????????

You could search for an old thread that deals with this problem. In brief, for Mustangs built before 4/26/05, you can get the fuel tank replaced per TSB 05-15-12. For Mustangs built after that date, TSB 06-3-13 applies. That tells you to use a different filling station fuel pump.

I was having this problem for quite some time. I finally found a pump that seems to agree with my car.

Good luck!

First try another pump. I had this happen, wnet to another pump and it fixed it. Also there is a vent for the fuel tank, alot of times a spider will make a web and clog that vent. This will cause the pump to keep stopping.

Trying a different pump and using the first detent has worked for me. It only adds maybe a minute or so to your fillup. Only a few times early on owning the car it stopped without completely filling. Now it hasn't happened this year I don't recall.