• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Gator belt?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scupking
  • Start date Start date Oct 10, 2006

scupking

Active Member
Sep 18, 2005
1,186
1
36
Enfield, CT
Oct 10, 2006
#1
  • Oct 10, 2006
  • #1
Where can I get one? I went to Auto Zone but they don't sell them. Also where can I get a new belt tensioner #2W7Z-6B209-AA?
 
B

bakos24

I find there is nothing better than a tasty wiener
Nov 29, 1999
4,461
87
134
NE, OH
Oct 10, 2006
#2
  • Oct 10, 2006
  • #2
I believe Summit sells the Belts.
 
K

Kilgore Trout

Fried or Broiled ?
10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
4,749
95
134
Oct 10, 2006
#3
  • Oct 10, 2006
  • #3
Goodyear has a dealer locator feature on their site.
 

speedfreak98r

Banned
Jan 31, 2006
0
0
0
Houston Area
Oct 10, 2006
#4
  • Oct 10, 2006
  • #4
Kilgore Trout said:
Goodyear has a dealer locator feature on their site.
Click to expand...
+1
More expensive than the rest, but they're made right here in America.
Plus they kinda whine like a blower
 
K

Kilgore Trout

Fried or Broiled ?
10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
4,749
95
134
Oct 10, 2006
#5
  • Oct 10, 2006
  • #5
If you get on it and the let off suddenly a lot of times the belt will get slack and squeal on the front engine cover or idlers. A Gator belt, especially a new one, will eliminate this problem. I only use gator belts on my Mustang. I always keep the old one in the trunk, just in case I need it....
 

94GTStang

Founding Member
Oct 26, 2001
1,631
0
36
Oklahoma City
Oct 10, 2006
#6
  • Oct 10, 2006
  • #6
Doesn't Napa sell gatorback too?
 

scupking

Active Member
Sep 18, 2005
1,186
1
36
Enfield, CT
Oct 10, 2006
#7
  • Oct 10, 2006
  • #7
Kilgore Trout said:
If you get on it and the let off suddenly a lot of times the belt will get slack and squeal on the front engine cover or idlers. A Gator belt, especially a new one, will eliminate this problem. I only use gator belts on my Mustang. I always keep the old one in the trunk, just in case I need it....
Click to expand...

Thats what happens with my belt right now. The belt I have has 42,000 on it and it slips and squeals when I let off it suddenly at hight RPMs.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Engine Belt routing with supercharger and smog/ac/ps delete
  • Steve6482
  • Jul 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
96
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 15, 2026
Steve6482
S
F
89 GT smog delete belt?
  • fratzke
  • Feb 12, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
584
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 25, 2026
fratzke
F
Belt Tensioner Question...
  • robw13
  • Mar 10, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
283
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 10, 2025
gkomo
C
98 gt fuel pressure issues
  • chasecollier1984
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
134
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 2, 2026
chasecollier1984
C
Forced Induction V3 pulley change
  • JD1964
  • Sep 14, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
36
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Oct 21, 2025
JD1964
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?