General Fox Body to SN95 swap?

RobC

Jun 30, 2021
Maine
In general what parts will swap from the Fox Body to the SN95 platform? Fox body parts are starting to get harder to find and I have a couple chances to get SN95 Mustangs that are in good shape for a fairly reasonable price. Problem is I have amassed a collection of Fox Body performance parts over the years and would like to use what I can of them if I go through with the swap.

• Sponsors (?)

Engine, suspension, drivetrain. The expensive stuff mostly. I know the engine, transmission and rearend will move over with some work but I'm not sure about the suspension parts. The driveshaft is a question mark as well.
Been there. driveshaft is a direct swap. Almost everything on the suspension will swap over with a few exceptions. The camber plates bolt up differently. Strut tower brace won't fit if you bought it for a foxbody. Any specific suspension parts you are looking at?

The transmission in the SN is 5/8" longer, but you can swap in a fox transmission if you buy a little spacer kit for the driveshaft. Foxbody longtube headers will fit with an automatic or a foxbody manual. The radiator is different, and a foxbody radiator doesn't just bolt right in. Any more specific questions you might have?

Kurt

Thanks that helps a lot. I'm not completely sold on the idea yet. I love the Fox body but mine is getting rusty and I need to make a move. I'm still holding out hope that I will find a Fox body coupe but it will have to be from out of state. all the Maine cars I've looked at were ether as rusty as mine or worse or they want a mint for it.

Thanks that helps a lot. I'm not completely sold on the idea yet. I love the Fox body but mine is getting rusty and I need to make a move. I'm still holding out hope that I will find a Fox body coupe but it will have to be from out of state. all the Maine cars I've looked at were ether as rusty as mine or worse or they want a mint for it.

I've had 2 foxbodies. It was really cool in college, because I could pack my whole dorm room in the hatch. They have a very unique look to them too. However, as a driver's car, just get an SN. It's a MUCH better car. After a few weeks of driving it, you will realize that you made the right choice.

Kurt

No ac, heat, radio, front sway bar power steering, sound deadening. and a 4" wide front tire a drivers car it ain't lol. It has to go in a straight line well that's about it. It might get maybe 500 miles a year on the street. I'm more concerned with getting the weight down than its street manners.

No ac, heat, radio, front sway bar power steering, sound deadening. and a 4" wide front tire a drivers car it ain't lol. It has to go in a straight line well that's about it. It might get maybe 500 miles a year on the street. I'm more concerned with getting the weight down than its street manners.

SN goes straight really well. Foxbodies like to fish tail. The difference in weight is negligible. The SN is about 150lbs more, probably not even that much, and it's all in the chassis. It's a stiffer chassis (I mean not by today's standards, but much better than a Foxbody), and it likes to go straight.

Kurt