Getting close and getting nervous am I forgetting anything?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
OK the time is getting closer..I have a few more parts to get and to have my GT40 heads re-done and the TFS spring kit installed..But im worried and am I forgetting anything?...And my biggest fear that i will not produce the HP im hoping for....So here is my mod list let me know what else you think i might need and will i get what im looking for?..
GT40 Heads, 5 angle valve job,slighty milled,TFS spring kit.
Explorer Intake,70mm TB, Stock cam 1.7 cobra roller rockers
42lb injectors,aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator.255 lph
fule pump [walbro gss340]. 94/95 GT fuel sending unit..was told by the shop doing the work that it has a larger pick-up tube.
Paxton supercharger,UPR powerpipe,I bought a billet crank pulley that is supossed to give me like 2 psi more and make the boost come it at a lower RPM...so figure 6-7 psi.Underdrive pullies,
A/C and Smog delete.BBK shorty headers,Off road H -pipe,
CAT back undetermined right now which one??? Im thinking Spintechs.SCT custom Chip tune. AP9 computer, 90mm LMAF..3G
Alt..some kind of electric fan dont know which one yet...Ok i might be forgetting something..So anything you guys think i might need..Oh yeah this is going thru an AOD with a nice shift kit installed has a trans cooler..3.73's i know i need a torque convertor which one ? what type of Stall?..Ok so im hoping to get 350 rwhp is this possible from what i have?...or what else do i need to get to my goal....Thanks....

• Sponsors (?)

I would steer you away from the TFS spring kit. It is known to have problems with the seals and guides. Search it on corral. there are a lot of unhappy people running those. Crane used to make an awesome kit, but they are closed down.
Contact [email protected] he is a member on this site and he sells a set of springs that will drop straight in.

I would steer you away from the TFS spring kit. It is known to have problems with the seals and guides. Search it on corral. there are a lot of unhappy people running those. Crane used to make an awesome kit, but they are closed down.
Contact [email protected] he is a member on this site and he sells a set of springs that will drop straight in.

Oh great i already bought the kit can i use the springs and just use a different valve steam seals?...and Guides?....the kit didnt come with guides? do you mean the way the seals fit?

from what I could gather they are cheap. Go with ford guides as the Trick Flow ones leak so you will puff smoke and have vaccuum issues possibly and get some beefier seals. Since you are running the stock cam you will likely be ok with those springs, but if you change to a higher lift cam I would highly recommend swapping those springs out.

I just looked at the kit i see Spring,shims,valve stem seals,valve spring keepers but i dont see valve guides?..Doesnt the shop re-doing the heads install new guides?...and i will tell the place that is going to re-do the heads to use factoy ford valve stem seals that should be better no?

If the guides look good the shop wont do it to save you money. Atleast thats what the machine shop did that worked on my heads. If you can get Ford parts I would use them. I had good luck with some gt40 heads I had. I put alittle too much money in them but they worked ok.

I don't know a whole lot about torque converters, but my understanding is that buying an aftermarket TC is a lot like buying a custom cam- you need to talk to the manufacturer to get the right one for you.