Getting my dream car...

Chris, all of your previous rides were bad@$$, but this 1 here takes the cake IMO!!! Congrats, its beautiful, & I'm jealous!!! I would take a 4 eyed coupe anyday over an aero coupe.

Thanks Dustin!! I love this car! Unfortunately, it won't be on the road until Monday or Tuesday because I got it too late on Friday to get to the DMV in time to register it. The new T-Top weatherstripping on the car is getting tested this weekend for sure, we're supposed to get 4 inches of rain! I'm praying for a dry carpet!! BTW, sorry for not mentioning anything about selling off the '99 the last time we talked, I wanted to make sure the deal was really going down before I started telling people about it. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, one never knows what your gonna do next. Very nice, but what would you expect me to say. I think I followed some of the build thread on this car, either on Buckeye Stangs or Stangbangerz, is that the same car? Very nice, congrats.

Wow, one never knows what your gonna do next. Very nice, but what would you expect me to say. I think I followed some of the build thread on this car, either on Buckeye Stangs or Stangbangerz, is that the same car? Very nice, congrats.

Thanks Terry! When I start a build thread I'm going to call it: Project "Not as Nice as Trbofox" haha. I'm not sure about the sites you mentioned, but I do know the car was on FEP for a while with a build thread. The car is very nice, but the interior is not up to my standards at all. I'm a perfectionist. In my opinion, it needs a complete interior minus headliner and carpet. If you have any sources for interior parts for our cars, I'd be really grateful for a heads up. Thanks!

HELL YEAH!!! I found a Ttop coupe in the junkyard, first time I even knew they had MADE such a thing and I fell in love. I visit it every time I go to the yard and dream of draggin it outta there one day. Keep this one nice, and keep us updated, love to see what you do with it!
Matt

i really wanted to convert my interior to an all black, but im thinking that i may just try and find a black center console and two tone grey/black seats and make it a two tone interior. could always paint it and see how it turns out. then find something OEM if it comes out good. right now i got a two tone grey/black interior but much more grey then black.

Vedy nice. I love it. We should do some kind of meet up or cruise this summer maybe with a couple street passes thrown in there. :nice:

Just to throw this out there, I bought some Comp roller lifters for my Buell last season and they fell apart in a couple hundred miles.

Vedy nice. I love it. We should do some kind of meet up or cruise this summer maybe with a couple street passes thrown in there. :nice:

Just to throw this out there, I bought some Comp roller lifters for my Buell last season and they fell apart in a couple hundred miles.

Thanks Josh! Hell yeah, a cruise would be awesome. My gf lives in New Haven so I'm in CT all the time now.

I have to look into switching these rockers out, you guys are making me nervous, haha.

We should all hit up the pike this year, i still havent had my car out there yet.

Thanks Josh! Hell yeah, a cruise would be awesome. My gf lives in New Haven so I'm in CT all the time now.

I have to look into switching these rockers out, you guys are making me nervous, haha.

Im not trying to scare you but it would suck to eat the motor cause of lifters, a builer i know uses comp exclusively for cams, but he will not touch their lifters, so thats saying something, if it was me i wouldnt even drive the car till they were switched.
Heres a thread i started elsewhere, and there are a few guys that had expieriences with comp.
Isky Red Zone Solid Roller Lifters - Yellow Bullet Forums

We should all hit up the pike this year, i still havent had my car out there yet.

Im not trying to scare you but it would suck to eat the motor cause of lifters, a builer i know uses comp exclusively for cams, but he will not touch their lifters, so thats saying something, if it was me i wouldnt even drive the car till they were switched.
Heres a thread i started elsewhere, and there are a few guys that had expieriences with comp.
Isky Red Zone Solid Roller Lifters - Yellow Bullet Forums

those were the same lifters im looking at getting, but damn those ****ers are expensive

She does? I work about 5-6 miles from New Haven (town over). My GF works in New Haven too. Thats about 20-30 minutes from my house and an easy trip. :D

Also being 24 myself, my best advice...

Sell drugs!!!

:D kidding.

IMO there's not much reason for a solid roller in your application anyways. You're not gonna be running ridiculous RPM so what's the point in all the added cost and maintenance? Besides if you follow one of Rick Anderson's builds he has ran 8200RPM on STOCK Ford roller lifters with the right valve hardware and one of his cams. I'd just go with some good quality hydraulic roller lifters and a healthy custom cam and call it a day.

She does? I work about 5-6 miles from New Haven (town over). My GF works in New Haven too. Thats about 20-30 minutes from my house and an easy trip. :D

Also being 24 myself, my best advice...

Sell drugs!!!

:D kidding.

:rlaugh: I may have to come see that mansion you live in now and that gorgeous LX of yours Brian! Let's all plan a cruise one weekend when the weather gets warm. I'd love to finally meet some of the CT/NJ/MA guys and see some of your cars. Maybe we can make some of those street passes happen too at some point! :hide:

IMO there's not much reason for a solid roller in your application anyways. You're not gonna be running ridiculous RPM so what's the point in all the added cost and maintenance? Besides if you follow one of Rick Anderson's builds he has ran 8200RPM on STOCK Ford roller lifters with the right valve hardware and one of his cams. I'd just go with some good quality hydraulic roller lifters and a healthy custom cam and call it a day.

This is the route I'm going I think. I'm just gonna tell Jay to get me 400 streetable horsepower out of my 347 and he'll deliver I'm sure.

you can do that with stock lifters yea, and i think I'm going to do this if i run out of RPM this season, but its tough on the stock lifters, they are not very strong, and i talked to a guy on here with an n-111 cam and he swapped valve springs at the beginning of every season with his setup