Getting screwed for $18,000

Bosscat

Founding Member
Sep 30, 1999
England
Here in England, the lights must be converted to meet UK specs. The garage that converted my lights wired in a bunch of relays, and extra lights to make the conversion work. This overloaded the Smart Juction box located in the passanger footwell over a period of a year. Not knowing better, I took the car back to them, knowing their conversion is what cause the damage, and they would honor their work. They had the car for over 11 months,trying to fix the issue.

Long story short, when I went to pick it up, they said the installation of my VORTECH Aftercooler, is what caused the issue with my SJB, and charged me $6000. I just found out that there are about 30 05-07s that have had the same problem with their SJBs here in England which were wired almost identical to the way mine was/is. So between the bill they stuck me with, buying another car, insurance, and the car note, I am out well over $18k.

Do any of you guys have issues with your lights, instrument cluster, or any other electrics after installing other parts?

It's a shame you've had it fixed. There is a company in the UK who do the conversions properly and also inspect any bodged conversions and do a report so you can take the bodgers to the small claims court and get your money back. If they've now destroyed the evidence and fixed it properly, it may be too late. Having said that, if you go to them, they may be able to help you if you don't mind suing the people responsible. In English law, you have to prove your case on the balance of probabilities ie more likely than not their conversion caused it. If you can get a report saying crap conversions burn out the SJB, you could still be on onto a winner.

I have a HO Vortech on mine and believe me, it's nothing to do with it, these SJBs ONLY burn out by incorrect light conversions. It may even be that what you have now is still wrong so it's worth getting it checked.

Do a search on here www.mocgb.net

They did not fix it, they wired it up the exact same way they did before, its just a matter of time before it blows again. I took all the bad parts ( a complete wire loom, & 3 SJBs) with me.

Which company are you referring too? I took it to AMCAR, and they will go to court with me, that is not my problem. My problem is that I need to know if any of you guys are having issues with your electrics after the installations of blower/aftercoolers and such. This will help with my court case.