going with magnaflow x pipe with cats

• Sponsors (?)

Magna flow

I love my X pipe with cats. 2 years and no check engine light. I purchased the magna flow cat backs with the magna packs also; the magna packs were too poppy. I welded flow masters back on and it sounds great. I like the way the borla cat backs sound better I wonder if they would fit on magna flow x-pipe??? or if you can purchase the mufflers only!!! I can always tell when some one has borlas ( sounds more like they have headers on the car).

i dunt really know how good the other ones are but my bassani catback exhaust system with the xpipe sounds decent enough for me..... wished it could be a bit louder

n.j.gt said:
thats what i am getting, borla cat-back & magnaflow x pipe w/c. i hope it fits. i would think it would. should be universal. anyone who knows, please advise. its for 96 gt 5speed. thanks

Yes, the borla catback will fit up fine to the Magnaflow x-pipe, the question is will the x-pipe fit up to your headers correctly without causing a leak? I went through 2 installs and 2 magnaflow x-pipes later and neither would fit properly. About a month ago bought and installed the new Bassani 5-piece removable Cats, x-pipe for my car and it fit fine.

I personally have the Bassani x-pipe with removable cats and a Borla Stinger catback and I get compliments on it all the time. But let me tell you straight up if you get the Borla Stingers and want quiet, stick with the stock h-pipe cause I'll tell ya the aftermarket midpipes sure to open it up and make it louder. Music to my ears but terror to others.

1999GTCONV said:
Yes, the borla catback will fit up fine to the Magnaflow x-pipe, the question is will the x-pipe fit up to your headers correctly without causing a leak? I went through 2 installs and 2 magnaflow x-pipes later and neither would fit properly. About a month ago bought and installed the new Bassani 5-piece removable Cats, x-pipe for my car and it fit fine.

I personally have the Bassani x-pipe with removable cats and a Borla Stinger catback and I get compliments on it all the time. But let me tell you straight up if you get the Borla Stingers and want quiet, stick with the stock h-pipe cause I'll tell ya the aftermarket midpipes sure to open it up and make it louder. Music to my ears but terror to others.
i believe the borla stinger cat-back is louder than the regular borla cat-back, i will be getting. how bad did the exhaust leak at the headers. was it the catted version. let me know. thanks for the input. :nice:

I am going with the magnaflow X with cats. Partshopper.com is having a group buy on it. I think if 10 people buy them then you save 130.00 and free shipping. They list for 530.00 so that would be 400 out the door. Just type in magna454 for the coupon code. You might have to sign up again though. New system.

Wikkdgt said:
I am going with the magnaflow X with cats. Partshopper.com is having a group buy on it. I think if 10 people buy them then you save 130.00 and free shipping. They list for 530.00 so that would be 400 out the door. Just type in magna454 for the coupon code. You might have to sign up again though. New system.
i was going to get from ninosport.com 399.99 freeshipping. no group buy needed. if they can do 389.99 on a group or better i am in. good luck, thanks

I love my magnaflow x pipe. O/R sounds awosome, but i kinda wish i had got the one with cats, just in case ohio adopts any emissions laws. Oh well, I guess I can weld them in later if i have to. The magnaflow quality is great and you will love the sound, guarenteed. I just cant wait to see what it sounds like with the magnapacks ive got sittin here...