gold nugget special

hey all
well i just joined and i have a ? for all you guru's out there.
a few months ago i was out looking at a 62 unibody 4x4 f100 , and i noticed a 67 notchback sittin in the weeds .i checked it out and it turns out the guy was lookin to punish his daughter buy sellin her mustang ( apperently she was very naughty) anyway we made a deal and as i was about to leave he asked me if i wanted the parts car.well i looked it over there wasnt much left(just a shell w/ title) turns out it is a 1968 gold nugget special.

id never heard of one and it turns out neither has most everyone ive talked to about it. any one know anything about them

• Sponsors (?)

The only "specail" versions I'm aware of in 68 are the Caifornia gt/cs, the High Country Special, and the Sprint option. Did u see the title?

yeah i got the title with the shell and the 67.iwasnt about to let it rust in someones yard ( it can rust in my yard ) the dso says 74 followed by 1111. wich is the correct designation for a gns.the guy i bought it from got it for the quater panels . the 67 has ben punched in the rearend and could use some help.but i got it so cheap and it runs so good that i couldnt pass it up.( my yard is full of impulse buys like that)

i went to look at the unibody and came home with a 62 unibody f100 4x4 , a 67 coupe, and the gns.story of my life. i was thinking that it might be eiser and better in the long run to switch all the parts of the 67 onto the gns .if they only produced 525 of the gns ( and how many could be left) then its way more rare than a 67 notchback.esecialy with the damage to the 67

OK heres what i know so far ( it aint much) apparently when they started the california specials they decided to sell a line in the pacific north west called the gold nugget special.
its a 68 coupe w/ sunlight gold paint w/ the gt stripes and black stripes across th hood,a black vynal top and gold interior. i guess the original owners name went on a badge that was mounted on the dash . but as yet i havent seen one or even a decent pic.
they did the same type of deal in colorado called the high country special .
so if any one out there has a good pic of one and any more info .that would be great.

Parts?

So I read your blog, and you mentioned that you "were" going to use it as a parts car. And if you were, and replace them with the 67, I would be interested in buying them, i would very much like to get pictures of the interior!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you did this, at least the pics, i could give you much info on the car that you have obtained. :nice:

[email protected]

I just bought a Golden Nugget Edition. You can tell if it is one by looking at the warranty plate. The DSO code will be 74 for Seattle followed by 1111. Those ones signify the Golden Nugget Edition. Mine has the 289 2v, c4 auto, black vinyl top and interior. As far as I know they all were all paint code Y5 for Sunlit Gold with Satin Black Trim. I am getting mine flat decked to my house tomorrow so will have some pics soon.

awsome .everyone keeps telling me that they have seen one or that they know someone that had one or whatever but its nice to see one that someone actualy owns . are you planning on a restore or just drive it till the wheels fall off.
my vote is resto upgrade.
mine is just a shell but the vin and tag dose have the corect 74111dso.mine came with my smurfstang(smurf blue with white shelby stripes). the smufmobile had been punched in the ass and has some pretty good damage .so the guy i bought it from found the gns and bought it for the rear quarters and tail light section. then he sold them both to me .i did some reserch and found out about the gns ( wich i had never heard of till then) so insted of cutting up the gns im planning on strippin smurfett ( kinky) and rebuiding the gns .its a good color combo and as a special edition they are more desirable to a collector(525 were built)
it looks like your is in pretty good shape ( at least compared to mine)so i wish you good luck on it should look real nice with fresh color and a new top. dose it still have the dash plaque?

Dash Plaque is missing, you can see where it was pulled off. I have the 1968 owners manual that has the lady who bought it's name, dealer it was bought at and the date it was bought all typed in the front cover. I also have the 1968 warranty book. It is gonna need repairs to the rear right quater, but not the whole quater, new front floor pans and torque boxes but the rears seem fine. I am going to do a semi resto but will leave the current mags on it and switch to a front disk/power brake conversion. Other than that I am going to leave her stock. It came with the brand new vinyl top sitting in the trunk with the original hubcaps as well. It will take some time, but I think she'll be worth it. Now we know of 2 GNS editions, we just have to find the other 523!:D

bitchin monn. im stoked .i wonder how many are left.its just a fluke that mine didnt end up as a quarter panel doner too.as it is there is onlya few parts left on it . but the shell is sound and hey its got a great deck lid and fuel tank( and thats about it) .ive started with less . i cant wait to get to mine .im thinking of bumpin it up a few notches on the list .gotta finish the 70xl so i can get to the 72 cj fb. and ill need to finish the 69 firebird so i can sell it to finance some of my keepers.
im a project junky. i keep on bringin home strays . i just picked up a 70 torino and a 70 ranchero.(1.5 acres of fords 13 to go). sometimes i think i should sell out and buy something already completed.but id still search out projects.... i need help.... good luck and keep me posted