Good news!!!

69Rcode_Mach1

Apr 20, 2004
Salt Lake City, Utah
I was starting to get really down on myself about the car, I have been dying to get it done, and I remember getting ready to have it "finished" this time last year. Anyway was just starting to go insane especiallyl after getting screwed on the tranny. So while I am saving up for a G-force, I figured I will go to the junkyard and get a cheap T5 for $50 and stick it in the car and drive it till I grenade it and then just swap in the G-force tranny I will have sitting in the garage. So I go the junkyard all I could find was a couple 4 banger trannies so I figure I will get one of those, and swap out input shafts cause I have one. I then go to work to see if anyone can pick up my shift on Sunday I start talking with one of my co-workers and I forgot he had a 5.0 out of commission because of the tranny. I was going to be helping him swap out his T5 for a TKO, he just said to take the tranny he doesn't want it. The only problem it had was grinding going into 3rd gear, and eventually got stuck in gear. Sounds like a synchro problem so I might as well put $100 into it and have a decent tranny, man this is a good rebound from being screwed over so hopefully the Mach will be done within a week or so.

• Sponsors (?)

I know I was starting to really get annoyed with the way things have been going. It was beginning to show too, I was just getting down and feeling bad everytime I thought about the car. I had to keep going and sitting in the car and going vroom vroom to keep my sanity. It was through this insanity that this great idea occurred to me. I am also keeping the tranny I got screwed on and building it with the G-Force internals so when this tranny grenades which I am hoping is at the end of summer, I can just set aside a Sunday and swap the trannies for good. I am hoping the testdrive will be not this Sunday but the Sunday after. I am finally excited again, I love it.

Well I got the tranny out of my friends 5.0. Was simple, but newer cars have a lot more unnecessary crap under there. Would have been done fairly fast if the factory h pipe wasn't in the way. We were going to rent a recipricator saw to cut the exhaust but my buddy ended needed to buy a hacksaw so we had to go that route. That took awhile, and then there is a smog line that goes up and hooks to the factory headers and we weren't about to mess with that. So we just slid it as much as we could out of the way, got under it and dropped it on my chest and wiggled out from under the car. Now the next part is to tear into it tomorrow and see what kind of internals we got, it should be fine, except for a couple synchros. Hopefully things will workout for the better this time.

Dont feel to bad. Ive had my 69 stang since 1992 and Ive probably drove
it 5 miles since that time. This year is my goal to drive at least 1000
miles.

Good luck with the tranny.

Steve69