good products to make a black car shine?

• Sponsors (?)

It doesnt matter what you use...theres no replacement for machine polishing.

IMO, I wouldnt even waste my time trying to polish a dark car....your best bet is to invest in a PC 7424 and learn yourself or take it to a Pro every 6 months to be polished.

Any of the polishes on autogeek.net are good. They only sell good stuff

Well NXT is a wax...it definately does a good job making a car shine and hiding some swirls...but it doesnt last long from my experiance.

Plus, your just hidng any imperfections instead of actually fixing them.

All the good detailers will tell you that it's "All in the prep," meaning how good you prep the surface. Prep basically equates to claying and correction, with some other small steps.

Get a good polish and top with a good wax. I'm using this atm and love it:
Mobile Detailing Kits

But, as Justin said, invest in a good DA polisher like a Porter Cable, or better yet, a Flex.

The work you put into the car before you wax is what counts. I love Meguiars products. They have great products. in fact I just got done detailing my 03 Mach 1 and it had cob webbing in the paint and now they are gone. Try Meguiars #7 show car polish glaze. NXT 2.0 wax and if you have a DA get some M83 or M80. Check out meguiars online. Get some clay Megs Smooth suface clay kit it is worth the cost of the kit because it works.
For wheels I use the Mothers power ball works great.

It is all in the prep work....

but you need to understand that most products contain fillers and are just hiding the problem.

A Glaze will just fill **** in and hide the problem for a little while.

I have used everything from mothers to meguires gold class, nxt, turtle wax, 3 stage waxes, seriously everything. I wax my car every single month. The best wax I have used is zymol. I always end up going back to it. My car is true blue and it brings out the shine perfictly. Easy to apply and probably easier to remove than anything I have ever used.

Trust me, I know how tough it is to work with black paint! It looks so nice when it's cleaned up though. As mentioned above you can't beat a polisher like the Porter Cable (or even nicer, more expensive machines). What I like about the PC is it's really easy to pick up and use for beginners and there is not much chance you will harm your paint with it. On my black car I like to use the Porter Cable and Pinnacle products (XMT series) and then a nice wax to top it off...I highly recommend you pick one up--you will not regret it! :nice:

View attachment 308449

Trust me, I know how tough it is to work with black paint! It looks so nice when it's cleaned up though. As mentioned above you can't beat a polisher like the Porter Cable (or even nicer, more expensive machines). What I like about the PC is it's really easy to pick up and use for beginners and there is not much chance you will harm your paint with it. On my black car I like to use the Porter Cable and Pinnacle products (XMT series) and then a nice wax to top it off...I highly recommend you pick one up--you will not regret it! :nice:

View attachment 308444

WOW!!!.... that looks great :nice:

View attachment 308436

2725548021_0c059ba726_b.jpg

Black car I detailed with a pc7424 the other day.....

I use mostly german crap...1z polish and glanz wax....poorboys ssr...blah blah...the point is, buy a pc7424 and step your game up

That looks like a badass camera fudleyd...lol