Got 410's installed today

willys1

Dec 2, 2003
New Jersey
Got my FMS 410's put in today,,went to the track tonight,LOL,,,,I went a tenth slower :shrug: I got new Hoosier Quick time pros and hooked perfect so I cant blame it on traction.I guess its time for Thumper heads!

• Sponsors (?)

First of all, how is it shifting?

Automatic trans's tend to do this kind of thing.What I figure happened is that now that you car is lower geared, it spends more time in the higher rpm's, where you don't have as much power, you were better off in the lower rpm's. Another thing is that because an AOD takes power off the driveline to make the pressure to shift, and it is shifting more, so more lost power. It is a variety of things that made this happen.

I would go thinking of changing back gears. Just build up more top end, and the only way I see you doing this considering you combo is with a head upgrade. Thumper's are great, aftermarket aluminums are greater, but so are thier price. I'm on a budget too, I know how it is.

Now that the engine is demanding more air and fuel... give it to it!! Fuel pressure and flow have made a lot of 5.0s SLOW!! Pull the F/P up to 38 with vac off and get the timing up to 14-16*( Base line and then adjust from there). The 2.0 60 ft isnt that good... so just working on those there things will dip you 3-4 tenths IF not Better!! Cool!! the track IS a test bed also, just like the dyno.. only more fun!! The next time you go... dont look for the end results, look for the decrease in the ET and 60 ft. cool?? Killer reaction time!! You CAN beat a faster car just with reaction time!! your rocking... have fun!!

Just me............................

Thumper

fuel...........

See we knew!! LOL You would freak out if you knew HOW many F/I cars sux, cause of that little over looked mod!! LOL Have fun... and spend a little more track time...cool>>?

Just me................................

Thumper

thumper460 said:
See we knew!! LOL You would freak out if you knew HOW many F/I cars sux, cause of that little over looked mod!! LOL Have fun... and spend a little more track time...cool>>?

Just me................................

Thumper
Went today again,Island Dragway is 5 mins. from my house :nice: Same times,and I did manage a red light -.051.LOL