got a few mods done, now what

Teen'93stang5.0

Founding Member
May 26, 2002
winning
ok, ive got the gears goin in next week, the O/R H pipe, shifter, and suspension all taken care of, now i want to get something done to open the intake track up a bit

i was thinking densecharger or Anderson n/a powerpipe.....what do yall think i should do?

• Sponsors (?)

Teen'93stang5.0 said:
how much power, like decent "SOTP" power? or like 7-8 hp?

Someone on here dynoed a K&N FIPK and got 8hp at the wheels, add variables like temperature and just inherent differences in readings and it's a pretty small amount of power. The main reason I'm doing it is for looks and not having to pull the stock filter box to see if the element is dirty.

03gtmustang said:
Maybe an 85 mm maf? Is your car auto or 5 speed?
The 85 C&L MAF is for 02+ GTs...prior to that, they were 80mm. But the C&L MAF makes power simply by leaning the A/F ratio out...nothing more. It uses the stock electronics. It's simply an aluminum tube. Not that there is anything wrong with that and as you see, we have one on my wife's 01, but I removed mine off my 02 as I was already about as lean as I could go without having my SCT tuned again. And for now, the money pit is low on funds, so a paper filter went on the OEM MAF (with virtually no loss of power).
Just my 2 cents...

The K&N FIPK GEN 2 (not GEN 1) was reported to make dyno measured 8 RWHP on a car out here on StangNet. I'd pay about $200 bucks all day, any day, for 8 RWHP. Face it, real RWHP for these mod motors typically does not come cheap.

Why dont you just do a head and cam swap? Or a pi intake? Why dont more people do that? I am about to do it and I have only heard great things about it. It seems to be the cheapest way to make a shift load of power. What do you guys think?