Fox Got Easter Toys From Lrs!

Onefine88

Previously 89SSC18
10 Year Member
Aug 3, 2006
Looky at what arrived Friday afternoon. New TMI seat upholstery and foam. I got new plain floor mats too but they arrived last week.
IMG_20140419_102448_497.jpg

I completed the back seat yesterday and re-installed it.
IMG_20140419_125519_074.jpg

Almost finished with the passenger seat. Just gotta complete the knee bolster and re-install the seat.
Fresh seat on the left.
IMG_20140420_110514_227.jpg

I have Easter festivities today so I'll get it all wrapped up tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Excellent job! That why it really is one fine '88 :nice:

What's your opinion? A good DIY task or a PITA task?

My seats aren't too bad, but the front ones are discolored from cheap seat covers that have been on there for 10 years. Part of me wants to fix 'em up. Then again the other part of me doesn't want to deal with pristine white seats ever again, so from that perspective seat covers aren't so bad.

My seats weren't in terrible shape but looked tired and a little worn. Mainly my drivers seat.

Its a good DIY task. If you have basic mechanical skills you can do it, and if your seats are worn its well worth the trouble. This TMI upholstery is top notch, and LMR got it to me in less than a week. Amazing!
This is my second time doing this on a Fox. I did the black tweed kit in an '87vert a few years ago when I converted the entire interior to black on that car. Turned out great! "I have a pic somewhere"
The only special tools you need is hog ring pliers, hog rings, and a staple gun. Other than that a few standard hand tools.

And don't forget patience!
Here's a pic of 'my 87 that I converted to all black interior. It was all grey but after alot of work here's the result.
29708_1326368038249_2941956_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
PRESTO! Just bolted the front seats back in the car. I still need to install the little Seat-belt hooks back on but otherwise done!
Total elapsed time: approx 7-1/2 hours.
IMG_20140421_174520_520.jpg

IMG_20140421_174630_779.jpg

IMG_20140421_174553_125.jpg

The new seat foam feels GREAT but strange. In the last 25 Years my butt and the drivers seat have grown old together. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
nice,looks great!...now i know i have another thing to do over the winter!.....

also noticed your shifter boot....did you get it like that?....i was going to get a new one and get somone to put the stitch in like that... now i know how it looks and i like it!!

nice,looks great!...now i know i have another thing to do over the winter!.....

also noticed your shifter boot....did you get it like that?....i was going to get a new one and get somone to put the stitch in like that... now i know how it looks and i like it!!
Thanks! I found that shifter boot on Ebay a couple months ago for $20. Its leather with gray stitching. They offer them with different color stitching. I chose grey. It was so cheap I had to try it.
I really like it! However being leather it took so work to attach it to the stock bezel but I got it.
Here's a link
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...993&_nkw=1987-1993+mustang&_sacat=0&_from=R40
Once I installed that I decided to buy a stock plan leather shifter knob from LMR. They seem to look good together.

Last edited:
I bet the Easter bunny had trouble laying those box shaped eggs! I did not get anything from that rabbit like you did, so you must have been kind to rabbits this year.
Yeah I must have been good this year. My rabbit (wife) don't give me the thumbs up for Mustang stuff very often.LOL

Thanks! I found that shifter boot on Ebay a couple months ago for $20. Its leather with gray stitching. They offer them with different color stitching. I chose grey. It was so cheap I had to try it.
I really like it! However being leather it took so work to attach it to the stock bezel but I got it.
Here's a link
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&fits=Model:Mustang&item=171206952804&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_osacat=0&vxp=mtr&hash=item27dcbac764&_ssn=autotrimming&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1311.R1.TR7.TRC2.A0.H0.X1987-1993&_nkw=1987-1993 mustang&_sacat=0&_from=R40
Once I installed that I decided to buy a stock plan leather shifter knob from LMR. They seem to look good together.
thanks for link....good deal if it works?.... seems like it,looks good too!