GOT MY STANG

Makdaddymac

May 28, 2005
orlando
91 GT 5spd..LOVING IT>>>>>>...
Needs work 2,900 cash.. I was wondering about the molding it seems to be crooked,like bending. does that stuff pop of or is it welded...other than that any ponters on a new 5.0litre.

• Sponsors (?)

Makdaddymac said:
91 GT 5spd..LOVING IT>>>>>>...
Needs work 2,900 cash.. I was wondering about the molding it seems to be crooked,like bending. does that stuff pop of or is it welded...other than that any ponters on a new 5.0litre.

as far as tips go, just get everything working properly before you mod it, i dont konw how many times ive seen some chitbox 5.0 have over a grand in mods, and would still not be able to even break the 14's (my second mustang included lol)

and as far as i know, the door molding is like glued in, or rivited, or something of the sort:shrug:

yea its double sided taped on, i have the same problem, the moulding on the door is peeling a lil, but only on a cold day is there clearance issues with the fender. i just fixed it yesterday, hopefully itll stay that way, ha. if its peeling like mine then some new double sided tape will work, if its crooked, somehow, like you are describing, might be time to get some new moulding for it. good luck. :SNSign:

M.Y. has a write up in his signature about fixing the side molding. Or at least I thought it was him. I'll see if I can find it. I do know that the molding as a thin piece of metal in it so if you aren't careful when you pull it off, it'll bend.

Now, on to the MOD list. If it's stock and you are looking for a place to start, you can choose to follow this list. I complied this with the help of Stangnet (Go STANGNET!).

First mods should be as follows (my take):

In order of Priority
1) Subframe connectors (SFC's) full length ones are prefered for a stiff chasis
2) Gears: 3.73:1 or 4.10:1 seem to be the popular choices
3) Full Exhuast (headers, hi-flo cats, catback w/ mufflers)
4) Buy a K&N panel filter (no CAI kit required) and put it in the stock box
5) Bumped timing to 12 - 14 degrees (free mod) 10 Degrees is stock.
6) Larger MAF, TB (MAF cars from 1988 california only, 1989-1993)
7) 3G alternator upgrade / electric fan
8) Fix the weak brakes

Optional MODs:

9) Strut tower brace (necessary on Convertibles IMO)
10) Underdrive pullies (they can't be used on S/C motors and cause charging problems)
11) Weight reduction out of the nose of the car
12) Shocks/Struts and lowering springs
13) C/C plates if you lower the car
14) Short throw shifter (if you have a manual transmission)
15) Cleaning or replacing all of the sensors (TPS, IAC, etc. - not a mod but it helps)

After those basic mods it will be pretty much up to you to pick a final direction for your car. There are plenty of Super Chargers or H/C/I [Heads, Cam and Intake] packages to choose from to really wake up the car.

Also, don't forget about the basic tune up
1) Changing all of the fluids (oil, coolant, trans, rear end, brake and some of the power steering)
2) Plugs: (non-platnum type) Autolite or Motorcraft are prefered
3) Oil filter: Motorcraft or equivalent (not FRAM)
4) Air filter: see first mods item #4
5) Plug wires: Ford Motorsport (FRPP) 9mm units are great
6) Cap / Rotor
7) Oxygen sensors

yea if you bend them moldings...forget bout puttin them back on..and then you can expect to spend like $400 or more in new moldings!!..i just removed mine i love the way it looks