Got myself a 5.0

1990 LX 5.0 5-Speed, 104k Miles, I had a 96 GT and after selling my Gixxer I had to get a 5.0.

It's got SN-95 V-6 rims which are going to go as soon as I scrape together money for some new rims. 5 lug swap. I will most likely get black FR500s. PowerSlot rotors and Hawk pads and steel braided brake lines. Moroso Intake. The hood scoop will also go, the only problem is, it's bolted on so I need a new hood. Again, when I get the money I will get a cowl hood. Other than that, its got some suspension mods, not sure what exactly, haven't checked, but it rides nice!!! Even with those crappy tires and rims it handles great. It has flowmaster mufflers, MSD Ignition/wires, some kind of short throw shifter and I believe that is it. The AC works and it's COLD, it even still has the stock radio I am going to try and take pictures of every major mod I do, kind of like a build up. The motor will most likely get pulled this winter and get reworked with some parts. Anyways, that's it for now, here are some pics.

Picture002-3.jpg

Picture003-4.jpg

Picture004-4.jpg

Picture005-4.jpg

Picture006-4.jpg

Picture007-4.jpg

Picture001-4.jpg

Attachments

• Picture002-3.jpg
    Picture002-3.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Picture003-4.jpg
    Picture003-4.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Picture004-4.jpg
    Picture004-4.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Picture005-4.jpg
    Picture005-4.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Picture006-4.jpg
    Picture006-4.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Picture007-4.jpg
    Picture007-4.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture001-4.jpg
    Picture001-4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't mind the air intake....it basically looks like my BBK cold-air w/o the chrome finish.....probably costs less too. Anyway, I've seen some curved shifters before, but usually they curve up, not out......weird :scratch:

Oh well, I would take it as a daily driver. :nice:

Heh ... that shifter's got some SERIOUS gangsta lean goin' on, yo. :D

Nice catch. Honestly ... I dunno, I'll just be weird and different and just say that I dig the hood scoop for some reason. Maybe it's just because the black contrasts with the white, and kinda reminds me of the '86 GT hood with the black hood stripe. I dunno. I'd gladly trade ya' hoods if you REALLY wanna get rid of the scoop, but you'd have to fill in/pull that little dent in the nose and then repaint it to match.

Five-lug rims with tires can be had anytime off of Craigslist for $150 to $250 any day of the week. I'm almost tempted to invest in a five-lug conversion someday just so I can buy wheel/tire takeoffs, bolt 'em on, and sell off my old stuff - easy math when a set of 4 wheel/tire takeoffs are cheaper than 2 new tires, alone. :)

nice ride man. just out of curiosity, which years had the brown fan shrowd? i see them here and there but im never able to pin it down to a range of years...i have one on my 89:shrug: