got some times using a Vector

FunkMasterFlex

Sep 18, 2003
MD
yeah so my friend has this thing called a Vector and its basically one of those g-tech things that plug into your cigarette lighter and attatch to your windshield. so here were my times w/ it only got to take one run but it was cool. also my car is stock w/ the exception of 17's

0-60: 7.45
60ft: 2.22
1/4: 15.6 @87.5mph

yeah so those look pretty good to me i hav no clue how accurate this thing is and if n e thing is probly a little generous. im def taking my car out to the track when it opens to get some real times cause track conditions will def affect the time as will my reaction time. anyways it was fun and those #'s made him never want to go against me in his accord lol :D .

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, when you go, just go around and ask some of the guys who've been there a long time for some tips. They'll be glad to help. A useful piece of advice, RT's may not have a bearing on ET's, but if you plan on doing any type of drag racing in competitons, then they're good to have down. Remember to launch on the last yellow light. When the lights drop one at a time, it's called a standard tree or may have some other term wherever you go. When all the yellows drop at once and then green, that's called a pro tree and is used in Heads up racing. Remember, leave on the LAST YELLOW!

yea man.

react to the final yellow.
dont anticipate the final yellow, react to it.

if you anticipate it, you'll red light.

the thing is when you react to the yellow and launch, by the time u launch; it will have turned green. thats how u takeoff in drag.

aznzebra said:
yea man.

react to the final yellow.
dont anticipate the final yellow, react to it.

if you anticipate it, you'll red light.

the thing is when you react to the yellow and launch, by the time u launch; it will have turned green. thats how u takeoff in drag.
thanks for the tips, i had heard about launchng at the yellow light but actually this makes a bit more sense. ah i cant wait for the track to open. im open to more tips if u guys got em.