Got the Stang painted finally !!

Black Foxx

Mar 31, 2005
Well I finally got the car back from the body shop, and spend most of today, clay baring, buffing, and waxing my car. It came out great. Touch of class in Battle Ground did the work, they stripped the hood , reshot it, re did the rear bumper and painted and installed the new front bumper, and lights. the color match is great and everything fits well. It's nice to finally have the car looking great:nice: :)

• Sponsors (?)

Ya pics NOW!!!!!!!!!! lol

You shouldn't wax the new paint man. Give it a month or so. The solvents in the paint are still escaping and the paint wont fully cure for a month or about. It probably wont be a problem, but you never know. Paint just has a tendency to 'die back' and look like a hazy and dull if you do that. =/ but hopefully you wont have any problems.

I worked at a detail shop for 4 years, and we hand waxed and buffed freshly painted cars on a daily basis.. I was told by the body shop that not being able to wax new paint is a wives tail... I cant remeber being told that it whould hert the paint ounce...

My PPG Rep. has told me for years that it could take the paint 6 months @70 degrees to cure completely and to only color sand or buff. I have seen the clear haze and I was told that this is because the paint was sealed and the curing process was not complete . I am sure 90% of the people will never have a problem but it sucks to be one of the 10%.

wow, I never heard that is whould take that long, maybe our PPG rep was a litle slow or something.. Are you a body guy?... I used Mequiars next gen wax to hand wax the fresh paint, and buffed the original I guess I'll cal meguiars tomarow and see what they recomend... cant imagine hand wax could harm new paint..:(