GOT THE STANG PARKED FOR THE WINTER! ANYONE ELSE?

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
well as you all know i bought a 92 eddie baurer explorer so now i get the old lady's hooptie honda :rlaugh: (anyone up for a race) and the stang is parked for the winter for the most part. i was going to take it out yesturday but everytime i went to uncover it here came the rain :nonono: so well maybe today it'll go for a spin or so :shrug: i still need to go and put a door handle on the honda and do a little more cleaning as well. plus duke and i are going to pull the engine on the 80 ( i hope) and get it ready to drop in the 5.0 in it. damn i cant wait. so are any of you parking for the winter as well??? peace

john :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

mine is down for probably a couple weeks, and then it will be ocassioally driven throughout the winter.

building a dss pro 306, and doing my 13"/11.35" brakes. should be like a new car in a couple weeks or less hopefully. whenever its back up.

parking the stang

mine is about to be officially parked as well. i just bought a 85 toyota 4x4 lifted on 33s for my winter driver, and play toy for where the mustang just cant go. i have been driving both, but half the reason i bought the toyota was to save money on gas, and that plan is really backfiring, since it is getting worse gas mileage than my stang!!! anyhow, if i ever get that problem sorted out, i plan to park the stang and uninsure it for a few months, and maybe then i can finally get some work done on it as well.

gospeedgo said:
View attachment 521126
nothing special, mainly just needed tires and didnt want to keep the 15's.

We were out pretty early all week..dont remember why to be honest! Should be there late a few days.

Hows the wiring project coming?

Wheels look cool what size did you get? The wiring is done only thing in there is the fuel injector wires and maf wire. I need you to look at two wires I have questions about and one for extending when you get some free time. O and also tell me which wires go on what side of the starter seleniod.

Black 93 Fox said:
Wheels look cool what size did you get?
They are just 16x8....i wanted 17's, but i decided to stay with what it should have been for my year. Plus 16's are CHEAP!
black 93 fox said:
I need you to look at two wires I have questions about...
No problem at all...cant wait to see how it looks. You went a few steps further than most people when they hide the wires.

gospeedgo said:
They are just 16x8....i wanted 17's, but i decided to stay with what it should have been for my year. Plus 16's are CHEAP!

No problem at all...cant wait to see how it looks. You went a few steps further than most people when they hide the wires.

Just wait you havent seen it yet. You know how I was gona hide the wires under the pinch weld. I did it a diffrent way its not even in the engine bay. :D

When I come by if your not too busy i'll take you over to see it that way I can show you what wires I am talking about. I think you'll really like it. See ya then.

just picked up my new ride from the shop she's quick and this is what I drive in the winter.

winter_ride.jpg

super.jpg