Spoon Civic Type R ?98
Toyota Supra Castrol Tom?s ?01
Toyota Supra Esso Ultraflo Race Car ?01
Toyota Supra GT Turbo Limited (MA70) ?89
Toyota Supra HKS Drag Car
Toyota Supra RZ ?97
Volkswagen Beetle ?64

that will be my garage

that is gonna be really tight w/ a drag car the Toyota Supra HKS Drag Car. but where does that fit in to auto-cross? anyways...im a fox guy & im pretty sad that they dont even have a fox gt. talk about segregation all over again

HKS had 2 drag cars in gran turismo 2. Remember those? Nearly impossible to turn but would pass anything other than the stage III escudo like they were going backwards.

I don't think there will be that many cars in the game though. I saw that list earlier this year and it ended up being a wish list that a group of guys made up at work that they would like to see in this game.

I hope I end up eating those words though. A game with that many cars would be INSANE. Also remember how GTIII got pushed back again and again. :notnice:

Zero Signal said:
If they were going to get THAT specific about mods, the game would take up like 8 dvds and take about 10 years to develope. But I think they should still do a Mustang racing game with realistc mods and cars. Combine that with the GT4 gfx engine and I would be all over that!

I don't know about you guys, but I don't mind Rice in games. I still love Midnight Club 2 the King of Rice I don't know why.
speaking of the Mustang game...remember Need For Speed: Porsche unleashed??...how sick would it be to have Need For Speed: Mustang Unleashed!!!???

FastRedPonyCar said:
HKS had 2 drag cars in gran turismo 2. Remember those? Nearly impossible to turn but would pass anything other than the stage III escudo like they were going backwards.

I don't think there will be that many cars in the game though. I saw that list earlier this year and it ended up being a wish list that a group of guys made up at work that they would like to see in this game.

I hope I end up eating those words though. A game with that many cars would be INSANE. Also remember how GTIII got pushed back again and again. :notnice:
It kept getting pushed back so they could finish the cars, and add the Drag racing events- that they NEVER added. That is why you can't get a 100% completed rating in the game :notnice:

not much of a list...what i liked about GT1 and 2 was that they had more 'normal' cars, cars that i could see myself buying and modding if i were a poor beginning racer. just seemed more realistic to me...plus sometimes i like just seeing how a hum-drum stocker will do...

I read about this at IGN.com this morning, in fact. The developers annouced that there will be over 500 cars, so that much is fact. They demoed it at E3 and let IGN play with 20 of the cars on 3 tracks. This game sounds awesome. They also mentioned that the game will ship with a new steering wheel by logitech that actually turns around 2.5 times, like a real one, plus pedals and a shifter. They also talked about physics improvements and a more streamlined graphics engine so it will actually look better than GT3. I'm gonna get a ps2 just for this game. I liked the first one (played it w/friends all the time), but this sells me on ps2 for sure.

awalbert88 said:
It's going to ship with that wheel, shifter, and pedals? Aw crap, that means I'm actually going to have to buy a PS2 now...
i would imagine you could buy them together...but im sure the game will be avaliable as a solo purchase...i think what IGN ment when saying they will ship together it means they will ship at the same time....

Anthony

too bad the AI still follows a line and you can still fly into the apex, slam into the side of an opponent and overtake them :notnice:

They need to make some sort of penalization for hitting walls or other drivers. I understand that most of the car manufacturer contracts stipulate that poliphony is not allowed to show damaged versions of their cars, but at least they could come up with something..

and 94gtstocknewclutch (interesting name btw), they are indeed taking audio exhaust samples and creating all the exhaust sounds from them. I've heard the prelude or whatever the trial version of the game is called and the sounds are phenomenal!