Grill Delete Directions ?

SRMobile

Trend Micro poster child
Jun 1, 2004
Okay the guys in talk aren't much help.

Does anyone have a step by step to the grill delete mod ?

I know it looks straight foreward but I started and noticed there are screws beneath the grill I cannot get to. Do I remove the bumper cover ?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

You just bend the bumper cover forward and upward while you remove the screws. It'll bend further than you think.

I don't remember what order I did it, but I think you put the radiator cover piece on first, then the bottom piece with the 2 screws and some double sided tape if necessary, then the corral on the front with the 2 security screws.

the bumper is VERY flexible w/o cracking the paint, just pull it back enough to get your hands in there. Be careful, it is kind of a PITA, but can be done in 20-30 minutes; most of that is just bc its a pain getting your hands under the bumper.

you dont need to remove the bumper at all. I know there are on-line directions, just try a search engine.

Okay, so I bent the bumper back and managed to get the old grill off.

How the hell did you guys peel the bumper back while trying to screw in the new plastic lip ? Its impossible to get in there and do it. I keep hearing about people using 2 sidded tape, is this instead of screwing it in ?

SRMobile said:
Okay, so I bent the bumper back and managed to get the old grill off.

How the hell did you guys peel the bumper back while trying to screw in the new plastic lip ? Its impossible to get in there and do it. I keep hearing about people using 2 sidded tape, is this instead of screwing it in ?
Try looking here http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/content_lrs_instructions.aspx

Mustang - 1999-04 - Mach 1 Grille Delete Kit

View pdf - (32 KB)

7th down :cheers: