Grounding location for amp in 89 hatch

cjman15

Banned
Apr 15, 2004
Fairfield, PA
I have a 1200watt amp which i have mounted in my back hatch... i used to have my ground mounted on a screw that attaches tha rear trim in tha hatch and it's been coming loose now... i need to find somewhere else to connect it...
does anyone have an 87-93 with an amp mounted in tha hatch and where did you connect your ground?? thanks for any response

• Sponsors (?)

Lift up the carpet in hatch area so you can get to the pan. This is where my system is grounded. I sanded off an area and drilled hole for the screw. Then attached a ring terminal to the ground wire to be attached with the screw. You can even use a screw with a star washer or something like that to make sure it stays fastened, but as long as you don't overdrill your hole, you should be fine. The most important thing is to get a good bare metal ground. Some people even paint over the spot once screwed in. Hope this helps.

lift up the carpet and find a good soild steel part and then take sand paper and clean off the paint. put the ground wire on that and bolt it down good.