• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

GT 1/4 1.8 60ft?

  • Thread starter Thread starter edgeplus
  • Start date Start date Aug 25, 2005
E

edgeplus

New Member
Dec 11, 2004
0
0
0
Aug 25, 2005
#1
  • Aug 25, 2005
  • #1
If an 05 GT pulls a 1.8 60ft and runs 14.2@99 what is the problem? A guy on SRTforums claims to own both cars and that is what his GT runs. I just don't understand unless he shifted very slow! He did say it was 2 weeks old on this run but would it make that much of a difference? I want to buy one of these cars but if that is the case
 
E

edgeplus

New Member
Dec 11, 2004
0
0
0
Aug 25, 2005
#2
  • Aug 25, 2005
  • #2
It was in Chicago so about sea level I would think?
 

Jenns01TA

Active Member
Mar 31, 2005
37
0
36
Aug 25, 2005
#3
  • Aug 25, 2005
  • #3
edgeplus said:
If an 05 GT pulls a 1.8 60ft and runs 14.2@99 what is the problem? A guy on SRTforums claims to own both cars and that is what his GT runs. I just don't understand unless he shifted very slow! He did say it was 2 weeks old on this run but would it make that much of a difference? I want to buy one of these cars but if that is the case
Click to expand...

edge,

Bad driver and very unfamiliar with the car on a VERY hot track is all I can think. Do a search on the GT 1/4 mile times, stock. Under good track conditions, they are running around the High 13s stock at about 103. Do not negate the GT based on this one comment, edge. The GT is a strong opponent stock and will be kicking some serious 1/4s once modified and tuned to remove the DBW hesitation at launch.

Jenn
 
E

edgeplus

New Member
Dec 11, 2004
0
0
0
Aug 25, 2005
#4
  • Aug 25, 2005
  • #4
I just thought with that kind of launch a mid 13 would not be out of question maybe lower. I think this year when the air cools we'll see even better times then and that most cars will be broken in and drivers will be better.
 

Motorhead6T5

New Member
Oct 21, 2004
215
0
0
Marysville,CA
Aug 25, 2005
#5
  • Aug 25, 2005
  • #5
I'm the guy from srt forums,and it doesn't add up. Even with the tad bit low trap,a 1.8 should crack 13's. My slowest run was a 14.02 @ 101 and I had a 2.243 60'. I just flat out don't understand it. The only thing I can think of is a very slow 2-3 shift.
 

05 BLK-BLK

New Member
Aug 7, 2005
56
0
0
Phoenix, AZ
Aug 25, 2005
#6
  • Aug 25, 2005
  • #6
Motorhead6T5 said:
My slowest run was a 14.02 @ 101 and I had a 2.243 60'. I just flat out don't understand it. .
Click to expand...

Your slowest run was a 14.02 with a 2.2? Then what was your run with the 1.8 60'?
 

Motorhead6T5

New Member
Oct 21, 2004
215
0
0
Marysville,CA
Aug 25, 2005
#7
  • Aug 25, 2005
  • #7
05 BLK-BLK said:
Your slowest run was a 14.02 with a 2.2? Then what was your run with the 1.8 60'?
Click to expand...
I have never hit a 1.8,the other guy did.
 

DraftHorsePower

New Member
Nov 11, 2004
33
0
0
Sun Valley, Idaho
Aug 25, 2005
#8
  • Aug 25, 2005
  • #8
i can see how it happens, maybe not with a 1.8 60' though.

My first day out on the track with my GT... (just got it 2 weeks prior and absolutley NO experience driving a 5-spd car... my last stang was auto) my fastest time was on a 2.3 60' and was 14.4 @ 101

it was also 107* outside, with a 140* track temp. Factor in my admitted craptacular driving skills and whabam... instant 14 second car. lmao.

I'm going out again this saturday with a bit more experience & some new mods under my belt. We shall see what the results are.
 

05 BLK-BLK

New Member
Aug 7, 2005
56
0
0
Phoenix, AZ
Aug 25, 2005
#9
  • Aug 25, 2005
  • #9
Motorhead6T5 said:
I have never hit a 1.8,the other guy did.
Click to expand...

Oh, I thought you said that you were the guy edge was referring to from the SRT forums...
 

Motorhead6T5

New Member
Oct 21, 2004
215
0
0
Marysville,CA
Aug 25, 2005
#10
  • Aug 25, 2005
  • #10
05 BLK-BLK said:
Oh, I thought you said that you were the guy edge was referring to from the SRT forums...
Click to expand...
I am,I'm the one that said somthing is wrong if he's pulling 1.8 60's and running 14's.
 
E

edgeplus

New Member
Dec 11, 2004
0
0
0
Aug 25, 2005
#11
  • Aug 25, 2005
  • #11
Motorhead6T5 said:
I am,I'm the one that said somthing is wrong if he's pulling 1.8 60's and running 14's.
Click to expand...

Gotwhat?

Yama426 over there
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

O
My rebirth, Hi from PA
  • onemore1987
  • Jun 28, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
189
The Welcome Wagon Jun 29, 2026
onemore1987
O
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
406
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
SOLD 1986 Mercury Capri 5.0 5-speed
  • blackmerc
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
16
Views
844
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Aug 24, 2026
General karthief
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
260
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 26, 2026
manicmechanic007
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
280
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?