Gt 40 iron head trick flow springs longer then stock?

Creomod

5 Year Member
Sep 14, 2018
San Antonio,Texas
I just got my gt40 3 bar heads from the machine shop and I was about to install the tfs spring kit 2500100 I believe and I noticed that the springs from the kit are like a half inch longer or so then the stock ones, is this ok? Have anyone else run these and noticed this?I just had a valve job with new seals but I guess it be better to use the trick flow the ones they gave me have no metal like the ones in the tfs kit.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

110lbs on the seat at installed height (1.800"). Seems a little light. I would call Trick FLow and talk to them about their use on GT-40 heads. Their tech support is pretty good.

Alex parts makes some good GT-40 specific spring sets with varying seat pressures WHich to use ultimately depends on cam specs. They have a 135 and 150# seat spring kit.

Very carefully verify exactly what you have. I did the spring upgrade to GT40 production heads from a Lightning truck. The valves have different heights at the retainer grooves due to the stock exhaust valves having rotators. The Comp Cams kit had two different retainers, iirc, one was .050 higher than the other. This allowed the springs ( I think all the same) to fit both intake and exhaust. Worked perfectly with bolt down rockers. The free length of the springs is not a good comparision, its the installed height, open and closed loads and max lift capability you are trying to get.

Reactions: 1 user