GT grill install questions

• Sponsors (?)

i got the gt grill conversion from t2auction on ebay and their solution to the problem is to make "relief" cuts in the bumper molding. some people have thrown a fit about this, but its really not that bad because you cant see the cuts when it is finished. you also have to cut off some of the tabs on the gt grill for a better fit. did you also get the wiring harness?

newbstang05 said:
i got the gt grill conversion from t2auction on ebay and their solution to the problem is to make "relief" cuts in the bumper molding. some people have thrown a fit about this, but its really not that bad because you cant see the cuts when it is finished. you also have to cut off some of the tabs on the gt grill for a better fit. did you also get the wiring harness?

I have this kit too and I like it.

im soory and mean no disrespect. but after all of the advances and even the new grills that look like the gt and are made to fit. every time i see someone still wanting to force a gt grill into the front end of a v6. i feel like eating a lb of raw meat!

im sorry and mean no disrespect. but after all of the advances and even the new grills that look like the gt and are made to fit. every time i see someone still wanting to force a gt grill into the front end of a v6. i feel like eating a lb of raw meat!

I looked at the Street Scene. It would have cost me a couple hundred bucks more to have used that grill, then bought the lights, wiring harness and switch.
The T2 kit fits great, looks great and costs less. I don't see what the issue is here.

they cut off most of the tabs on the gt grill for a better fit and you are left with 98% of your original bumper molding. i wouldnt really call it hacking. overhang is about 1/16 maybe 1/8 of an inch at most on mine. they are completely clear in their instructions and i have heard that they are very helpful if you have any questions. it comes with the grill, lights, instructions, wiring harness, and your choice of switch. oh and i dont have any hood closure issues.