gt loses fuel pressure after initial prime cycle

saturnracing2

Oct 11, 2011
Whats up guys im new into this forum and the stang world at that. i have a 99 v6 with an 02 4.6 swap. I also have pats bypass and evrything over from the original donor car (02 mustang) including all wiring harness (engine and cabin).

The issue i seem to be having is at intial start-up fuel pressure is at 40lbs when ignition switch is open. Then when i turn her over it starts up then immediately there is no fuel pressure afterwards and it stays on for about a couple seconds before it dies out. I know its not the pats. because i return it back to stock on the sct tuner and it just cranks and never turns on.

Can this be a fpdm issue or ccrm issue? any ideas?

Any insite will help....

• Sponsors (?)

What is the fuel pressure as reported by the PCM after start up? What is the measured fuel pressure after start up?

Are there any DTC codes?

Would also be helpful to know if the PCM is in "open loop" or "closed loop" mode. For example, does it die when the PCM switches from open looop to closed loop.

Since the fuel pump primes at initial key on, this proves the FPDM and Fuel pump are getting power and work. There is a signal between the FPDM and PCM that needs to be confirmed. Do you have a set of wiring diagrams for your car? Likely these will be a big help. I maybe able to help. PM if interested.

What is the fuel pressure as reported by the PCM after start up?
*How would i go about in measuring that off of the pcm; I have an sct sf3.

What is the measured fuel pressure after start up?
*After startup, it seems to me like fuel pump never turns on. Car stays on for a couple seconds on the initial 40-42 lbs it gets from opening the switch. One thing i noticed after two or three trys i have to open and close the ignition switch a couple times to get fuel pressure back to 40lbs before the initial startup crank.

Are there any DTC codes?
* Only Code i have is p1000, i have the vehicle open header until i get my x pipe in.

Do you have a set of wiring diagrams for your car?
*I do not...

YEA i would apreciate any help