GT Pros and Cons

AsaSpades

Oct 18, 2005
I been thinking bout gettin a 94-95 Stang GT(SN95) 5 spd as a first car. I want to know what their pros and cons are. I really like Stangs, and I want to know what you guys think.

~AsaSpades~

• Sponsors (?)

since you mentioned that it was your first car, i'd say do it if you can swing it money wise, but it's gonna suck. everytime you turn around theres gonna be a cop following you (i know since my first car was a 94 5.0. i was a good respectable driver and was still harassed.... but i have yet to get a ticket just some warnings and one noise violation ticket that i fought and won) other than that you'll love it, you'll want to dump all of your money into it is the only downside. as far as being a fast car, its a car with a lot of potential with some mods it can be relatively fast, but the 87-93's are lighter and consequently quicker.

Pros of the 94-95 GT:

-Better handling than the earlier fox body 5.0s.
-MUCH better braking than the earlier fox body 5.0s.
-Same great 5.0 engine as the early fox 5.0s.
-Much easier to work on than the later 4.6 Mustangs.
-Cheaper and generally easier to make run decent times with than the later 4.6 cars.
-A plethora of aftermarket parts are available.
-Looks great.
-If kept stock, will run forever.

Cons:

-Relatively slow stock, 215hp isn't much for a performance oriented car these days.
-Less performance parts available than the earlier fox 5.0s.

Pros

Horizontal taillights!
Dead sexy with a drop job.
Heads/Cam/Intake Swap will take your stock 5.0 to a whole new level of fun.

Cons

Explaining to your girlfriend why there's lip prints on your car when you get out of a movie with her.

Giddy'up....