GT40 Intake Cover - Does anyone know who made these?

WhiteCobra95

Mod Dude
May 2, 2006
These were for sale on Ebay some years ago back in 2015 or 2016(?). They were offering bare as well as powder coated versions. Does anyone know who was making them or have their contact info?

s-l1600.jpg
s-l16002.jpg
GT40 intake cover2.jpg
GT40 Intake Cover.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I plan to try making my own once I get my GT40 intake. I have a small CNC but tried cutting aluminum with it once. Oddly it was for my nephews GT and I guess it was a plate that bolted to his strut tower brace. My CNC engraved decent but cutting wasn't as good. I'm not the best with my CNC and I got a bunch of chatter.
Are the 'legs' threaded and bolted on? That would be my biggest hurdle I think.

I plan to try making my own once I get my GT40 intake. I have a small CNC but tried cutting aluminum with it once. Oddly it was for my nephews GT and I guess it was a plate that bolted to his strut tower brace. My CNC engraved decent but cutting wasn't as good. I'm not the best with my CNC and I got a bunch of chatter.
Are the 'legs' threaded and bolted on? That would be my biggest hurdle I think.
IMG_0300.jpeg
IMG_0353.jpeg

These were for sale on Ebay some years ago back in 2015 or 2016(?). They were offering bare as well as powder coated versions. Does anyone know who was making them or have their contact info?

The gentleman making the cover you pictured used the eBay ID of "viksdesigns", and he closed up his eBay Store quite a while back. I had eBay user "cjrpony" do a very similar cover for me a few years ago. He should be able to help you out.

engine 05-2020a_crop.jpg

• Drool
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it! I'll contact him for something similar. That looks pretty good!

I really liked the look of that style cover. I was never a fan of the one that FMS offered at the time, and wow are they pricey now - totally not worth it compared to these. I would rather have something similar to the OEM Cobra logo to make it look correct for the car. Plus, I'm a big fan of a factory-like appearance, even with aftermarket parts.

Thanks again!

Reactions: 1 user